Help wanted (Score so far related)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
msnobody
Prophet

Re: Help wanted (Score so far related)

Post by msnobody »

Those bead garlands(?) are really selling right now.
Philo, get out your mini chainsaw and carve some tiny snowman hats for Jerz.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Sorry Johns Hopkins. I'm giving up the nuts for now. For the past several years I've eaten nearly every single thing on this list. Always high fiber and high protein. I'll put the nuts aside, healthy fats. See what happens.
Diverticulosis: What to Eat

Cater says people with diverticulosis can benefit from eating fiber-rich foods, including:

Whole grains, such as quinoa, bulgur, teff, barley, popcorn, oats, shredded wheat or bran cereals, and whole grain breads
Beans and legumes, including black beans, kidney beans, chickpeas and lentils
Vegetables such as greens (collard, kale, spinach), broccoli, cauliflower and carrots
Fruit, especially blackberries and raspberries, but also avocado, blueberries, strawberries, apples and pears (with the skin on), kiwi and oranges
Seeds such as sunflower, pumpkin, flax and chia
Nuts such as almonds, pistachios and pecans
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/ ... rticulitis
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

msnobody wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:02 am
Those bead garlands(?) are really selling right now.
Philo, get out your mini chainsaw and carve some tiny snowman hats for Jerz.
Hi! You know what I can't find the hat beads for sale separately. Always part of a collection. I'll just use the ones I have and see how it goes. No sense going overboard. I have all those other things on the ends of the bead strings. I'm about to see if folks are still interested! ;)
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
IWMP
Pirate

Post by IWMP »

Could use a button as a cylinder shaped bead. They are cute. Makes me think of rosary beads. So do you hang them on a tree or something?

So glad you are at ease with your results and nothing scary is going on. Such a relief.

My daughter has been to physio today. It's the second time she has been for her thumbs but the Old Testament managed to get a really good look at her thumbs and it turns out she has muscles that are very tight and one thumb doesn't have enough web skin. Her thumb knuckles are hypermobile. So she has new splints and some other things and goes back in a couple of weeks but she might have to be seen by a Dr to consider another way of fixin them. She had seen orthopedic surgeons but they didn't really get a good look and they referred her for physio.

Bit like arghhh. Because the previous appointments had me thinking she was holding them in by habit and it was a case of training her to bring them out but she actually isn't able to. Even when the Old Testament was stretching them, it looked so uncomfortable and she was pulling her hands away. You can literally see the muscle stick out on her hand when her thumb is pulled.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Pirate so I collected some pics off google to show you. They are used as decor accents on tables, in trays, shelves, window sills and there's going to be one pic here that looks like a ring. Those ring ones are usually put over your lamp neck and hang off the base.

They are so easy to make your children could do it. It's threading beads, poking twine through the accents on both ends, and making knots. You can make your own tassels (hard for children I think) or buy them pre-made and you've got it!

I'll get some of them up on a display rack and take photos over the weekend and post it here. I keep thinking I should make more difficult things because I know how to. I make things for myself and family but for sales I'm sticking to simple stuff. I used to do it to make extra money during holidays. Now I just do it because I like to and don't pressure myself to produce.

Here's some examples off google that I found.

Keep your daughter in PT and keep at it! I have seen some awesome results from PT in young children! It's amazing how children have these "quirks" like...why does she do that with her hands or fingers or why does she crawl or walk that way or why is her head always leaning to one side? And then we find out it's not quirks. It's things that can be worked out with a good PT. I'm sure it makes her feel uncomfortable but I believe that will change over time.

Try not to get frustrated with yourself. We only know what we know when we learn it. You're doing the exact right thing for her, Pirate! Such a good and attentive Mama you are!

<3

Slava Ukraini!
IWMP
Pirate

Post by IWMP »

Aww.

She never crawled. She has sensory processing issues and possible adhd but is doing great at the moment. I wonder if these things are from her having viral meningitis as a baby.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:00 pm
Aww.

She never crawled. She has sensory processing issues and possible adhd but is doing great at the moment. I wonder if these things are from her having viral meningitis as a baby.
I am not a doctor but the short answer is viral meningitis can result in a variety of issues. That's a question for your doctor who might be able to offer you insight.

This is what I do know and without a single shred of doubt in my mind. As a child grows and develops, and especially when the atypical reveals itself, mothers have a way of reaching all the way back to pregnancy and ask themselves...Why did this happen? How did this happen? And the absolute mother of all questions...Did I do something wrong? :shock:

The answer is almost always, no you didn't do anything wrong. I'm not saying that's where you're coming from. I'm just making sure I cover that possibility because those questions and feelings are natural and normal to have so I want to help you put them in their place in case you're feeling that way.

I would advise (not that you asked) posing your questions to her pediatrician. It might be a comfort to find a way to connect to how her various needs developed. From that point on...look forward and focus on the task that is in front of you like working with the PT. As to the SPD and ADHD, in some children, they often go hand in hand and it sounds like you know what her needs are and how best to meet them.

I (not being a doctor but based on my experience) don't find any of these conditions alarming and I expect your daughter has a bright future ahead of her especially with an attentive mother like she has.

So Mom...tell me what her gifts are. 8-)
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

A little update. Got an evening voicemail from the scope place and I am sure it came with a nudge from the Primary's office because we spoke earlier today. I'll call them back tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I am eating. Eating like I haven't seen food in 6 months. Food is SO good right now. If I continue to feel this state of wellness, pretty sure I can gain some weight back.

Also pretty sure there's margherita pizza in my very near future. :mrgreen: Blessed food!

Thank you, Lord, thank you!!
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

Slava Ukraini!
IWMP
Pirate

Post by IWMP »

Aww had a massive grin reading your update. What is your favourite food?

Wait, was that a rhetorical question?
Last edited by IWMP on Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:26 pm
She is a massive hugger but she's obsessed with boobs which is stressful.
A condition with which I'm all too familiar.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024