Problems with the Catalyst Theory

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: Problems with the Catalyst Theory

Post by Marcus »

While we “can make a pretty good case for the
idea that some Egyptians could have viewed Facsimile 1 the way Joseph
Smith presents it, [we are still] not sure that is the methodology we should
be employing. We just don’t know enough about what Joseph Smith was
doing to be sure about any possible comparisons, or lack thereof.”13
Lol. So, they don't know how they should view a papyri of hieroglyphs. Shulem has answered that q many times in exquisite detail. Did Gee write the above?
High Spy
First Presidency

Post by High Spy »

drumdude wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:58 pm
High Spy wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:19 pm
Compare and contrast that with YOU or any ONE person winning the lottery.
It always seems like divine providence when someone wins the 100 million dollar jackpot. Imagine it was you. "What are the odds, God must have picked me, right? What are the odds I'm living in the Universe where I win the Powerball? It can't be random chance."

What happens to these people whom God's finger must have touched to so bless them? They start drinking, lose their family, 70% lose all the money in 5 years, and in many cases end up dead within a few years. The vast majority of lottery winners are cursed by God's statistical blessing.

https://www.rd.com/list/13-things-lottery-winners/

Even when you do find some incredible statistical anomaly, you have all your work ahead of you to prove that it has anything to do with God. Much less Joseph Smith's conception of God.
The timing patterns possibly spell CHRIST and CRIST, two spellings of the One Name from which evil must flee.
High Spy
First Presidency

Post by High Spy »

drumdude wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:25 pm
Moksha wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:24 pm

Does that tend to prove Discuss Mormonism is the one true message board or not? Does that extend to Perfume?
We will need Kyler Rasmussen to run the numbers
SMEs rule!

Where is he?

Message, but not only one board. :mrgreen:
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

The timing patterns possibly spell CHRIST and CRIST, two spellings of the One Name from which evil must flee.
Either way, unlike a royal flush, which is defined in advance, you saw the hand, and then found the significance in the cards. You didn't specifically have a prophecy that there would be a 5.7 earthquake that spelled Christ. It could have spelled something else and you could insist whatever that word is has deep significance. Imagine if it would have spelled Isaiah, or Michael, or David, or was an acronym for some right-wing militia that's cool. Or something other than an earthquake could have happened or...I mean, there's really a long list here.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still interested in what you come up with. It's a blast from the past to see the interest in the Davidic Servant. I was a big believer in a Davidic Servant when I was ~17. Did you know that Avraham Gileadi himself registered on this site (several years ago) and posted a couple times?
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

High Spy wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:29 pm
drumdude wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:25 pm

We will need Kyler Rasmussen to run the numbers
SMEs rule!

Where is he?

The Interpreter crew never post here. This is the forum that must not be named.
High Spy
First Presidency

Post by High Spy »

drumdude wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:48 pm
High Spy wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:29 pm

SMEs rule!

Where is he?

Reminds me of 57.2957 which is the number of degrees in one radian truncated at six significant digits.

Do you understand what two specific things lead to this true and factual situation?
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

High Spy wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:55 am
drumdude wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:48 pm

Reminds me of 57.2957 which is the number of degrees in one radian truncated at six significant digits.

Do you understand what two specific things lead to this true and factual situation?
If I recall correctly that is the platform number for the train to Hogwarts, when converted from metric to imperial of course.
High Spy
First Presidency

Post by High Spy »

Gadianton wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:46 pm
Either way, unlike a royal flush, which is defined in advance, you saw the hand, and then found the significance in the cards. You didn't specifically have a prophecy that there would be a 5.7 earthquake that spelled Christ. It could have spelled something else and you could insist whatever that word is has deep significance. Imagine if it would have spelled Isaiah, or Michael, or David, or was an acronym for some right-wing militia that's cool. Or something other than an earthquake could have happened or...I mean, there's really a long list here.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still interested in what you come up with. It's a blast from the past to see the interest in the Davidic Servant. I was a big believer in a Davidic Servant when I was ~17. Did you know that Avraham Gileadi himself registered on this site (several years ago) and posted a couple times?
No, that was before my time, but I believe it so. ;)

Did you know my member number was 36866 on GLP. :?:

If it were any other name, then everyone would vehemently proclaim that there is only ONE NAME by which salvation is possible, and we would be in total agreement. You only have written testimony that the photo was taken on March 8, albeit the suns relative location in the sky can be verified by careful observations during that time of year. On the other hand you can't photoshop an earthquake, and the exact time of the quake was recorded by dozens of independent seismographs.

No one has stated what time zone better represent the entire world than + and - 12 hours, thus making for a 24 hour difference, encircling everyone on planet Earth. SLC being a nearby epicenter kept destruction to a minimum while causing Moroni to land his instrument. Parley P. Pratt had a wagon route that came Joseph's way, on nearly the same day every year. Joseph fabricated fanciful tales, because that is what was expected from Charlatans in his day, before there was a metaphor for such activity, much like the unnamed number identified in my previous post.

We were created with both necessary conditions that cause said number to be represented as 57.2957.

Are there any 7th grade mathematicians in the house. :lol:
. . . * . . . . . . . . **

3*8** Knight Lion, but not Nite Lion. 🐳 gbng

Everybody's heard the whale and 8 are linked. :lol:

Choose the 🥩
High Spy
First Presidency

Post by High Spy »

drumdude wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:14 am
High Spy wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:55 am

If I recall correctly that is the platform number for the train to Hogwarts, when converted from metric to imperial of course.
No recall is necessary. :lol:

One condition is the relationship between the Sun and Earth.

And another that you should know like the palms of your hands.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

High Spy wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:30 am

No one has stated what time zone better represent the entire world than + and - 12 hours, thus making for a 24 hour difference, encircling everyone on planet Earth.
For one 'miracle' you use military time to force a letter onto the hour, for the second 'miracle' you invoke 12hour time difference. You have to manipulate each hour differently to force the result.

Then, in one 'miracle' you literally MAKE UP a minute and second to use, while in the second 'miracle' you don't even use the second but only the minute.

If you were consistent, using only what's actually known, and matched the analyses, you would be comparing

C - H - F - T

to

C - R - G - T.

And even then, equating an earthquake to a personal photo as though both equally illustrated 'miracles' is nonsensical.

Pressing on, only by gross manipulation, fabrication, and inconsistent application do you come with two words that are still not the same! Continuing to press that your sideshow act somehow indicates equivalently valuated miracles is the farthest thing from probability. It is no more than Barnum style flimflam. Entertaining, yes, but still just flimflam.