Mormon at ages 11, 15, 24 is really Joseph Smith Jr., in disguise!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: Mormon at ages 11, 15, 24 is really Joseph Smith Jr., in disguise!

Post by Kishkumen »

Moksha wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:41 am
I particularly liked Persimmon and Bunny Face from the Unwritten Order of Things mentioned by Elder Boyd K. Packer.
Thanks, Moksha! Your posts always lift my spirits, make me laugh, or make me think.
"Great power connected with ambition, luxury and flattery, will as readily produce a Caesar, Caligula, Nero and Domitian in America, as the same causes did in the Roman Empire." ~Cato, New York Journal
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:18 am
Don Bradley wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:51 am
The parallels I was offering between Joseph Smith and Mormon are clearly not apologetic in nature. Indeed, probably the people who would most readily make use of them are critics.
What are the parallels?

The ages and experiences had by Mormon & Joseph Smith parallel each other and are imbedded in Book of Mormon stories in order to raise Smith's ego to new heights and give him a sense of self-importance. These parallels are rarely if ever discussed and I've never heard any church scholar mention the combination I've presented in this thread. Did any of the early prophets ever expound on these things in their teachings and discourses?

Mormon being 15 and having a spiritual experience may have been something they noticed looked comparative to the boy Joseph in the grove of trees but there is more to it than just that as I've unlocked in this thread.

Wouldn't you agree, Don? Joseph Smith has been caught with his pants down writing himself into the script! Just admit it.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Don Bradley wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:51 am
Shulem wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:28 pm
I dare say that Don Bradley's testimony hangs on the need to formulate and justify parallels because the logical conclusion of evidence prove that Joseph Smith was perpetuating a massive pious fraud.
:?:

So many questions and no real answers. That is the end result of Mormon apologetics.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Shulem wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:54 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:18 am
What are the parallels?
The ages and experiences had by Mormon & Joseph Smith parallel each other and are imbedded in Book of Mormon stories in order to raise Smith's ego to new heights and give him a sense of self-importance.
Thanks, Shulem, but I was hoping Don would give us his list of parallels so we could discuss how they DON’T lead him to believe that Mormon is a fictional character.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:27 pm
Thanks, Shulem, but I was hoping Don would give us his list of parallels so we could discuss how they DON’T lead him to believe that Mormon is a fictional character.
It is because of the parallels that it proves non-fictional existence. Sort of like the fate of Thanos proves the threat of Trump can be defeated.

Don could explain this better.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Don Bradley wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:42 am
There are unquestionably parallels between Joseph Smith and Mormon: they are closely parallel figures. I would hope everyone would recognize that. What people may disagree on is just the source and meaning of the parallels.

Don, you have committed a drive-by shooting and that is not appreciated.

Get ur butt back here and explain to us how come the prophets and apostles of the Church since the days of Joseph Smith failed to explain to the saints how they recognize these parallels. How can the saints understand the meaning of the parallels if they don't know about them?

Are you now the prophet of the Church, Don? Do you know more than they?

Get back here. Ur not gonna get away with this!

:arrow:
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Don Bradley wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:42 am
There are unquestionably parallels between Joseph Smith and Mormon: they are closely parallel figures. I would hope everyone would recognize that. What people may disagree on is just the source and meaning of the parallels.

I too would hope that everyone would recognize that these ages and experiences are direct parallels linking Mormon with Smith or vice versa. It seems pretty obvious too me but does it to all Latter-day Saints? Do you think there would be resistance from some members in making the connection? Which if any of the past Presidents of the Church have explained this matter or shown that they believe they are a kind of parallel? I know of none. And, how many past Presidents would accept it as parallelism and how many would reject it? Just how unified is Mormonism? Take Book of Mormon geography for example, we plainly see that the members of the church today are very divided and disagree and the leaders of the Church have a gag order in place where they have duct tape on their mouths and are not permitted to speak. Prophets who don't prophesy nor do they receive new revelations.

I would love to discuss the odds in showing that the combination 11-15-24 in conjunction with the experiences of each number are amazing and certainly favor parallelism although some members would think it a coincidence. And since prophets today have duct tape on their mouths and only speak in terms of regurgitated teachings -- ad nauseam, there are no revelations in Mormonism; it has become like any other Christian church.
Shulem
God

Odds

Post by Shulem »

11-15-24 = Journey-Visitation-Translation

What are the odds that Joseph Smith pretended to be Mormon in a fictitious story of his own making?

What odds best answers the question?

1%? 10%? 50%? 90%? 99%?
Shulem
God

Re: Odds

Post by Shulem »

Shulem wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:42 pm
What odds best answers the question?

What have the prophets dodos revealed?

Dodo Nelson wrote:It hasn't been revealed.

Dodo Monson wrote:How should I know?

Dodo Hinckley wrote:Nobody knows.

Dodo Hunter wrote:Pray about it.

Dodo Benson wrote:Search the scriptures.

Dodo Kimball wrote:It's clearly a masturbation problem.

Shulem
God

Re: Odds

Post by Shulem »

Shulem wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:42 pm
11-15-24 = Journey-Visitation-Translation

What are the odds that Joseph Smith pretended to be Mormon in a fictitious story of his own making?

Smith used three (3) specific ages in a combination to mark important circumstances that occurred in Mormon's life. The parallel between Mormon and Joseph Smith is remarkably clear. It's simply undeniable. There are a slew of numbers Smith could have used for each event but he nailed each one with a bullseye in revealing his own life being played out in imaginary scripture.

It's a miracle! :lol:

Journey = 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, (11)
Visitation = 12, 13, 14, (15)
Translation =16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, (24)