COVID is getting worse

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Icarus
Bishop

Re: COVID is getting worse

Post by Icarus »

The argument for mask use has been consistent since March.

March 2, 2020 - Do face masks work? Medical experts explain how to protect yourself from coronavirus https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/02/coronav ... ading.html
March 14, 2020 - Do Facemasks Really Work? - https://www.bbc.com/news/av/health-51881555
March 17, 2020 - Why Telling People they don't Need Masks Backfired - https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/17/opin ... masks.html
March 21, 2020 - Face it: Masks Work - https://thereader.com/uncategorized/face-it-masks-work
March 30, 2202 - It's Time to Face Facts, America: Masks Work - https://www.wired.com/story/its-time-to ... asks-work/
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

subgenius wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:20 pm
canpakes wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:18 pm

OK, so you don’t know what you think the ‘goalposts’ are, after complaining about them. As I suspected.

And you can’t pinpoint what you believe about masks either, let alone point out the issues with what others are saying.

But you still wear them. ; )
true except for the part where i specifically cite/quote/reference/link Doc's clear statement and then point out my issue with that statement...otherwise you are spot on with your masturbatory analysis.
OK, Doc stated that ‘masks work’.

And you use masks, regardless of your confusion over that kind of generalized statement.

Why are you complaining, again? Are you just having a bad day?
: D
subgenius
Stake President

Post by subgenius »

canpakes wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:31 pm
subgenius wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:20 pm

true except for the part where i specifically cite/quote/reference/link Doc's clear statement and then point out my issue with that statement...otherwise you are spot on with your masturbatory analysis.

And you use masks, regardless of your confusion over that kind of generalized statement.

I was not complaining. The clown car you guys ride around in stopped and the doors flung open when I dared to point out the obvious facts that Doc's anecdotal post from reddit might not be so science-y as to convince me of his point.
Oh, and I also balked at the cheese illustration.
either way, no real complain from my side...all the aching was, and seems to still be, coming from your belly.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Found this cool little thing from CNN. information comes from Johns Hopkins looks like. You put in your zip code and it brings up your area/county, including your local restrictions.

https://www.cnn.com/resources/coronavirus-information
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

subgenius wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:08 pm
canpakes wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:31 pm

I was not complaining. The clown car you guys ride around in stopped and the doors flung open when I dared to point out the obvious facts that Doc's anecdotal post from reddit might not be so science-y as to convince me of his point.
Oh, and I also balked at the cheese illustration.
either way, no real complain from my side...all the aching was, and seems to still be, coming from your belly.
I haven’t seen any aching from other posters, but I’m happy to have helped you through your difficulty with masks.
subgenius
Stake President

Post by subgenius »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:26 pm
Found this cool little thing from CNN. information comes from Johns Hopkins looks like. You put in your zip code and it brings up your area/county, including your local restrictions.

https://www.cnn.com/resources/coronavirus-information
interesting link.
I see that my zip has about a 0.04 infection rate with a 0.0006 fatality rate. So forgive me if I do not panic and cancel Thanksgiving but rather opt for the conference in Hawaii.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

subgenius wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:34 pm
I see that my zip has about a 0.04 infection rate with a 0.0006 fatality rate. So forgive me if I do not panic and cancel Thanksgiving but rather opt for the conference in Hawaii.
Too late. That was just canceled.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Sub, yes. I is kind of old. And you is on ignore. Enjoy your trolling.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

What are social media trolls?

Trolling – (verb), as it relates to internet, is the deliberate act, (by a Troll – noun or adjective), of making random unsolicited and/or controversial comments on various internet forums with the intent to provoke an emotional knee jerk reaction from unsuspecting readers to engage in a fight or argument

Trolling on-line forums as described above is actually analogous to the fishing technique of “trolling”, where colorful baits and lures are pulled behind a slow moving boat, often with multiple fishing lines, covering a large bodies of water, such as a large lake or the ocean. The trolling lures attract unsuspecting fish, intriguing them with the way they move through the water, thus enticing these foolish fish to “take the bait”. Not unlike unsuspecting internet victims, once hooked, the fish are reeled in for the catch before they realize they have been duped by the Troll/Fisherman
Uh, yeah. Subs is definitely a textbook example of a troll.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:30 pm
subgenius wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:34 pm

don't even know why you guys bother to ever put the goalposts down given how often and far you move them.
Buy yeah, "masks".
Where was the original location of said goalposts and where do you claim they are now?
And he still can't see (or doesn't care) that with every one of his attempts at rebuttal, he is only making himself look more ridiculous and further confirming our accusations that he is an incorrigible troll. Well, he is getting us to respond to him, which is the main, if not the sole, motivation for trolling to begin with.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.