doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: Laundrie was a 'mental and emotional bully'

Post by doubtingthomas »

huckelberry wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:02 pm
Thomas, loneliness is a real problem for people. It is no joke. It is also true that there are some dark negative hallways whose door can be opened by loneliness. It is important to decide not to go through those doors or if started to turn around and get out of the bad pathways.
Thanks huck,

I didn't take the dark path, I am not a misogynist. People are mad at me because I dared to say that young women are too picky and for saying that the number of young, single men is increasing.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Re: Child Abuse. It's not that bad? News Updated: February 28, 2023

Post by doubtingthomas »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:51 pm
La La Land
Please read this and let me know what you think.
doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:19 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:04 pm

When she chooses to and hopefully not with a man who is a case of learned helplessness.
Shouldn't medical doctors have a say?

"Diabetes in U.S. children expected to increase at 'alarming' rates" Updated: Feb 6, 2023
"Rates also are on the upswing in children because of an increase in gestational diabetes"
https://www.statesman.com/story/news/he ... 886300007/

According to this meta-analysis, the optimal age for " primiparas is younger than 23 years old. A study in Finland also suggested that primiparity should be encouraged at a younger age"
https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... 20-00859-8

It's all about the children. Let's throw our pride out the window. There's too much arrogance here.
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:49 pm
When they choose to.
"F" medical science?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:42 pm
huckelberry wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:02 pm
Thomas, loneliness is a real problem for people. It is no joke. It is also true that there are some dark negative hallways whose door can be opened by loneliness. It is important to decide not to go through those doors or if started to turn around and get out of the bad pathways.
Thanks huck,

I didn't take the dark path, I am not a misogynist. People are mad at me because I dared to say that young women are too picky and for saying that the number of young, single men is increasing.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:36 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:45 pm
No. Denial in this context is being willfully blind to some ugly and destructive emotions you are feeling and constructing an elaborate system of reasoning in an attempt to convince yourself that you are justified in clinging to those emotions.
My "ugly" and "destructive" emotions aren't affecting the way I talk to women. I don't hate women. I might have some resentment, forgive me for being a human being, but I don't hate women.
Res Ipsa wrote:
your misogynist views of women
Help me understand, what misogynistic views are you talking about?

I am not allowed to express the opinion that young women should avoid the players and the Laundries? I can't say that looks and charisma aren't the most important things in a man? I am not allowed to say that the number of single men is increasing?

Maybe my "obsession" is all about the fact that I love to talk about controversial topics. I don't talk about climate change here because climate deniers don't have a brain. I am starting to realize that most people here don't have a brain either.
Res Ipsa wrote:
Have you made an appointment yet?
I'll see a doctor for social anxiety.
Well, I’m really sorry to hear that. I was hoping you’d go for the “Help me learn how to be happy” option. I hope that some help with your social anxiety skills brings you happiness.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:28 am
Well, I’m really sorry to hear that. I was hoping you’d go for the “Help me learn how to be happy” option.
Yes, I'll mention that too. You have the understand that all these accusations of sexism and misogyny against me are utter nonsense.

I know I am harsh with my wording (that's probably the problem), but I am simply expressing my opinion on how things could be better.

I like to talk about controversial topics, I don't come here to talk about how terrible Joseph Smith was, most people here already know that.

I don't talk about women's health issues because that's in the cable news all the time, I don't see the need to talk about abortion rights or female empowerment, especially because women are doing a little bit better than men.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:44 am
It's alright Doc, we all know you want go back to High School.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Marcus wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:46 pm
no, your one single example does not recommend that.
There's no need to lie to defend child abuse.
Marcus wrote:
Incels don’t just want sex with any woman; they feel that they’re owed sex with women “in their prime” — that is, young, conventionally attractive, relatively thin and, oh, did I mention young? That is, not women at all but teenage girls?
There's nothing wrong with a man in his early 20s who likes younger women. Most countries and cultures allow it.

To borrow what Res Ipsa said, "Who women [and men] “F” is none of your business.." :lol:
You want to control young men, right Marcus?
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Marcus wrote:

And once again, your topics show where you get your ideas.
I am not an incel. I don't read incel blogs, websites, or forums. I don't listen to incel content.

And since when is a 23 year old considered a teenager?
ajax18
God

Re: New CNN report! I can't believe CNN had the guts to admit that women are too "picky". Warns of the consequences.

Post by ajax18 »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:05 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:58 pm

Doubting Thomas loneliness can be a blessing. Trust me. You don't want to be married on her terms. Have you never been in an abusive relationship or even just a relationship? I don't understand why it has taken you this long to figure out that you're better off on your own.
I should add, DT, that if you want to live a life consumed by anger and resentment, comforted only by the belief that your wrathful God will take revenge on those you despise, Ajax will probably be willing to coach you for much less than a therapist will charge. Me, I'm going with live a happy life, but it's your call.
More often than not being alone is a happier life. If you can't be happy alone, you surely can't be happy in a relationship. In fact a relationship brings more problems and makes life more difficult.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.