doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: New CNN report! I can't believe CNN had the guts to admit that women are too "picky". Warns of the consequences.

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:48 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:05 pm

I should add, DT, that if you want to live a life consumed by anger and resentment, comforted only by the belief that your wrathful God will take revenge on those you despise, Ajax will probably be willing to coach you for much less than a therapist will charge. Me, I'm going with live a happy life, but it's your call.
More often than not being alone is a happier life. If you can't be happy alone, you surely can't be happy in a relationship. In fact a relationship brings more problems and makes life more difficult.
That's not been my experience, but it is what it is.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
canpakes
God

Re: Child Abuse. It's not that bad? News Updated: February 28, 2023

Post by canpakes »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:52 pm
canpakes wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:00 pm

You edited that creatively.
Thanks for pointing that out canpakes, here's what I said in the opening post, " People tend to gain weight as they get older".
DT, you’re overlooking the greater risks.

1. One of the things that cause weight gain in women is … pregnancy.

2. Pregnancy also dramatically (as in, dramatically) increases the chance for a woman to experience GDM.

3. By far, the leading cause of pregnancy amongst women is some kind of exposure to men.

The conclusion is simple and obvious. Women should stay away from men for as long as possible.

If you’re really concerned about child abuse, DT, you’ll stay celibate, given the danger of otherwise impregnating a woman, and causing her and her child to suffer.
ajax18
God

Re: New CNN report! I can't believe CNN had the guts to admit that women are too "picky". Warns of the consequences.

Post by ajax18 »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:19 am
ajax18 wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:48 am

More often than not being alone is a happier life. If you can't be happy alone, you surely can't be happy in a relationship. In fact a relationship brings more problems and makes life more difficult.
Steering clear of women is the best financial decision a man can make. If you were to get sick, you're far better off single. No woman has patience nor time for a man who can't perform up to her expectations. Old and alone isn't worse than old and married, not by a longshot. When the alpha male falls ill or injured nobody is going to rush to his aid and seek to nurse him back to health. That's not how nature works.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:55 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:19 am

Steering clear of women is the best financial decision a man can make. If you were to get sick, you're far better off single. No woman has patience nor time for a man who can't perform up to her expectations. Old and alone isn't worse than old and married, not by a longshot. When the alpha male falls ill or injured nobody is going to rush to his aid and seek to nurse him back to health. That's not how nature works.
:roll:
he/him

canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:55 am
When the alpha male falls ill or injured nobody is going to rush to his aid and seek to nurse him back to health. That's not how nature works.

The female, having felled her alpha male opponent, prepares to feast on her victim.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: Women eventually stop caring about looks, says Dr. Grande.

Post by Dr. Shades »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:48 am
"in the long run, physical attraction doesn't seem to matter as much" to women.

https://youtu.be/s437slmF4D0?t=163

Other studies have pointed out that women stop caring about looks after age 30.
And . . . ? What is your point?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:16 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:05 am
Trolling for attention. :roll:
I do believe the issues I bring up are very important, my posts are all about helping and protecting young women.

I really do not appreciate the different treatment, but warned me about not quoting Marcus in unrelated threads, yet you allowed Marcus to do the same thing to me.
Where is this 'warning' you received?
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:00 pm
doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:16 am

I do believe the issues I bring up are very important, my posts are all about helping and protecting young women.

I really do not appreciate the different treatment, but warned me about not quoting Marcus in unrelated threads, yet you allowed Marcus to do the same thing to me.
The warning DT is referring to is a function available in the phpBB software. It is visible only to the user being warned.
he/him

Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:19 pm
Marcus wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:00 pm

The warning DT is referring to is a function available in the phpBB software. It is visible only to the user being warned.
i would have thought universal rule 3 applied to those type of communications. Does it?
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:15 am
doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:48 am
"in the long run, physical attraction doesn't seem to matter as much" to women.

https://youtu.be/s437slmF4D0?t=163

Other studies have pointed out that women stop caring about looks after age 30.
And . . . ? What is your point?
Watch CNN report
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK4y6C1Uuhw

Here's another news report
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_x_0ow3u8Q

And read "Dating Apps Have Made Women Too Picky For The Wrong Reasons"
https://www.eviemagazine.com/post/datin ... ng-reasons

Also, read "it's harder for women to find a mate as they get older."
https://www.businessinsider.com/datacly ... 0s-2014-10

And consider the fact that there's a record number of single women in their 40s.

Therefore, a lot of women will remain single forever and will never have kids. I don't think women should be too picky in their 20s.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll: