Vaccines and Therapeutics 2.0 & 3.0 Merge

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Vaccines and therapeutics

Post by Jersey Girl »

FDA has granted EUA for J&J vax which is the one dose injection!

Johnson & Johnson's Covid-19 vaccine gets emergency use authorization from FDA
https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/27/health/j ... index.html

While the initial supply is limited -- the company says it only has about 4 million doses of its vaccine ready to ship "immediately" -- it should have 20 million ready by the end of March.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:03 am
7.5 hours out. Side effects: ZERO

:mrgreen:

Maybe a little early evening yawning. If that counts. Otherwise, so far so good!
Day 2

I won't report again unless something crops up. Positively no side effects. I did feel kind of sleepy today but went on about my business as usual.

No sore arm
No muscle aches
No fever or chills

Nada.

Second dose is March 19. I do expect side effects with it and will report those if I can drag myself to a computer to do so. :-)
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:37 am

No sore arm
No muscle aches
No fever or chills

Nada.
They’ve made great strides to reduce the number of bugs in the Bill Gates ultra-micro-bioprogramming nanochiplet that was hidden within the vaccine.

:: rubs hands together and cackles maniacally ::
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:23 am
Gunnar looks like fluvoxamine is getting some traction re: publicity.

Dr. Gupta examines 'promising' drug that may help Covid-19 effects
https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/2021/ ... ronavirus/
Yes! I am so proud of my daughter's role in this. I suspect that the only reason it is not getting even more traction and acceptance is that the drug is relatively inexpensive and readily available, which therefore lessens the opportunity for big pharma to get away with monopolizing and gouging the public by charging confiscatory prices for it just to maximize their profits. I'm sure that major drug companies would much prefer to have found a new drug that works, which they could then patent and charge whatever they want for it. This, I fear, will turn out to be the biggest obstacle to the success and widespread acceptance of fluvoxamine--the greed and financial clout and power of big drug companies who can't bear the thought of an inexpensive solution from which they can't extort a tremendous profit.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:08 am
Jersey Girl wrote:

Yes! I am so proud of my daughter's role in this. I suspect that the only reason it is not getting even more traction and acceptance is that the drug is relatively inexpensive and readily available, which therefore lessens the opportunity for big pharma to get away with monopolizing and gouging the public by charging confiscatory prices for it just to maximize their profits. I'm sure that major drug companies would much prefer to have found a new drug that works, which they could then patent and charge whatever they want for it. This, I fear, will turn out to be the biggest obstacle to the success and widespread acceptance of fluvoxamine--the greed and financial clout and power of big drug companies who can't bear the thought of an inexpensive solution from which they can't extort a tremendous profit.
For the love of money is the root of all evil.

It's in the book.

"We" could be supplying fluvoxamine like a giant Pez dispenser if it weren't for the lack of profit involved. :roll:

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

canpakes wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:10 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:37 am

No sore arm
No muscle aches
No fever or chills

Nada.
They’ve made great strides to reduce the number of bugs in the Bill Gates ultra-micro-bioprogramming nanochiplet that was hidden within the vaccine.

:: rubs hands together and cackles maniacally ::
No time to talk. We've gotten a sudden urge to move back to Washington State. Packing! :lol:

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:

Did you catch tonight's episode of 60 Minutes on CBS? If not you can see it on the CBS website here. There was a very heartening and optimistic discussion about the potential of fluvoxamine as a treatment for Covid-19, and they interviewed Dr. Angela Reiersen and her collaborator, Dr. Eric Lenze, both of Washington University Medical School in St. Louis, who brought the potential of fluvoxamine to the world's attention, and initiated the first clinical testing of the drug for treatment of the treatment of Covid virus. The limited trials so far held have shown that zero percent of Covid-19 patients using the drug deteriorated to the point that they required hospitalization. This is very promising indeed! They expect the results of a much larger clinical trial to be available by the next month.

If the promise of this treatment continues to hold, this means that it will only take less than $10 worth of a common and inexpensive generic drug per person to treat and fully recover from a covid-19 infection, for most, if not all its victims! I imagine, though, that if the promise of this repurposed drug is fully realized, its price will quickly rise above its current 60 cents per dose.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:09 am
Jersey Girl wrote:

Did you catch tonight's episode of 60 Minutes on CBS? If not you can see it on the CBS website here. There was a very heartening and optimistic discussion about the potential of fluvoxamine as a treatment for Covid-19, and they interviewed Dr. Angela Reiersen and her collaborator, Dr. Eric Lenze, both of Washington University Medical School in St. Louis, who brought the potential of fluvoxamine to the world's attention, and initiated the first clinical testing of the drug for treatment of the treatment of Covid virus. The limited trials so far held have shown that zero percent of Covid-19 patients using the drug deteriorated to the point that they required hospitalization. This is very promising indeed! They expect the results of a much larger clinical trial to be available by the next month.

If the promise of this treatment continues to hold, this means that it will only take less than $10 worth of a common and inexpensive generic drug per person to treat and fully recover from a covid-19 infection, for most, if not all its victims! I imagine, though, that if the promise of this repurposed drug is fully realized, its price will quickly rise above its current 60 cents per dose.
I just watched it using your link. So a doctor has already independently prescribed if off label! I'm happy to see it getting national attention. Maybe that will keep it in the race for 10 bucks a treatment!

Next month? Let's keep an eye on that one!

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:23 am
I just watched it using your link. So a doctor has already independently prescribed if off label! I'm happy to see it getting national attention. Maybe that will keep it in the race for 10 bucks a treatment!

Next month? Let's keep an eye on that one!
Yes indeed!

Incidentally, if any here are interested in enrolling in the current or next clinical trial of fluvoxamine or have friends or relatives who would be interested in doing so, check out this website: https://stopcovidtrial.wustl.edu.
What is the purpose of this study?

STOP COVID Trial is a randomized controlled trial that aims to help slow the progression of COVID-19 symptoms in symptomatic patients in the United States. The study is contactless meaning volunteers may participate without leaving their home. Medication and study supplies are delivered by a courier or shipped overnight. We hope our study will demonstrate whether or not taking a medication, fluvoxamine, will help to prevent worsening of symptoms and prevent hospitalization.

Click on the link to check the eligibility requirements to enroll.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Some reasonable freedoms are on the horizon for those vaccinated!

CDC releases highly anticipated guidance for people fully vaccinated against Covid-19
https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/08/health/c ... index.html

I see my light come shining
From the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now
I shall be released

~ Robert Zimmerman

Slava Ukraini!