Anyone following the Gabby Petito case? (Breaking)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Anyone following the Gabby Petito case? (Breaking)

Post by Jersey Girl »

Lem weren't they both originally from LI?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

In response to the autopsy results:
Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino in a statement said, "May Gabby rest in peace."
Whatever he said it wouldn't have gone over well, I'm sure, but I'm thinking keeping his mouth shut would have been more helpful to his clients than this.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:25 pm
Yes. They met in high school, both families from a very small community.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Lem wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:01 pm
In response to the autopsy results:
Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino in a statement said, "May Gabby rest in peace."
Whatever he said it wouldn't have gone over well, I'm sure, but I'm thinking keeping his mouth shut would have been more helpful to his clients than this.
Yes. He might as well have stuck a knife directly into the hearts of her grieving parents. The optics are horrendous.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Lem wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:03 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:25 pm
Yes. They met in high school, both families from a very small community.
I thought so, thanks.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Just a couple of items for consideration.

There is a photo of her on her own tiktok holding a gun up to her face. There is a photo from somewhere (tiktok maybe) of his back pack with what looks like a gun sticking out of it. There are crime scene photos, one with a log marked for evidence by investigators with what looks like bullet holes in it.

Disclaimer: I can't prove that the photos aren't doctored.

Slava Ukraini!
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

A couple of comments regarding the police stop of Petite and Laundrie, a couple of weeks before her death:
Sep 19
Bodycam footage showed a scared, distraught Gabby Petito listing her "flaws", apologising for #BrianLaundrie and babbling as she attempted to compose herself. Brian Laundrie laughed, joked and called her crazy. Recognise the signs of abuse. Do better #GabbyPetito #ripgabbypetito

ahimsa
Sep 20

Anyone educated on narcissistic abuse/victim of narcissistic abuse saw the situation clear as day based on how hysterical #GABBYPETITO was. Instead #BrianLaundrie bonded with the officer over “toxic women” and got a fist bump. Gabby is dead 2 weeks later. Systemic failure
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Joy Reid has this to say about MWWS:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-joy ... n-syndrome
Reid ended the segment by suggesting that missing women of color weren't noticed as much because they didn't look like the daughters or granddaughters of newsroom executives, alluding to one of her guest's earlier claims on the show that stories on missing non-White women weren't sensational enough for the White, middle-aged males leading newsrooms.
I’m not gonna lie, I’m still not sure what the fascination is, but I understand how people get sucked into a story like Gabby’s. I mean, I’m posting on a thread about her, the subreddit named after her has 106,000+ subscribers, and tv news stations across the nation give almost hourly updates.

And you know what? I think Ms. Reid is right. I get what she’s saying, but I’m not sure what it says about us. It’s something to consider for me and how I view in-groups and out-groups.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Lem wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:47 pm
A couple of comments regarding the police stop of Petite and Laundrie, a couple of weeks before her death:
Sep 19
Bodycam footage showed a scared, distraught Gabby Petito listing her "flaws", apologising for #BrianLaundrie and babbling as she attempted to compose herself. Brian Laundrie laughed, joked and called her crazy. Recognise the signs of abuse. Do better #GabbyPetito #ripgabbypetito

ahimsa
Sep 20

Anyone educated on narcissistic abuse/victim of narcissistic abuse saw the situation clear as day based on how hysterical #GABBYPETITO was. Instead #BrianLaundrie bonded with the officer over “toxic women” and got a fist bump. Gabby is dead 2 weeks later. Systemic failure
As I said previously, the 911 call indicated that he was the one hitting her. During the traffic stop, she said she had been hitting him.

Straight out of the co-dependent/covert narc playbook.

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

This is happening in Salt Lake City:

In the same area that Gabby Petito disappeared, 710 indigenous people— mostly girls—disappeared between the years of 2011 and 2020 but their stories didn’t lead news cycles, writes Molly Jong-Fast.
https://www.Facebook.com/mmiwutah/

I don’t recall, locally, any women outside of white ones that got the kind of attention like we’re seeing now. Anyway. This is venturing into derail territory so I’ll stop with this one.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.