New Project Shows Church Finance Corruption

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
MG 2.0
God

Re: New Project Shows Church Finance Corruption

Post by MG 2.0 »

Morley wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:33 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:12 pm

We get a statement from WaterAid every month.
I'll bet.
That’s the way charities work. Auto pay and then a statement. I’m sure you know how this works.

Regards,
MG
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Post by Morley »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:19 am
Morley wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:33 pm

I'll bet.
That’s the way charities work. Auto pay and then a statement. I’m sure you know how this works.

Regards,
MG
Interesting. Other than PR materials, WaterAid only emails me what they call their ‘annual donation summary’ each year just before tax season.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Morley wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:42 am
MG 2.0 wrote:

Regards,
MG
Interesting. Other than PR materials, WaterAid only emails me what they call their ‘annual donation summary’ each year just before tax season.
If you want to receive a monthly statement you may want to contact WaterAid. It’s called the “Official Donation Receipt”. The information you will receive via email each month is:

CAMPAIGN CONTACT EMAIL
welcome@wateraidamerica.org
RECEIPT NUMBER (OID)
ORGANIZATION NAME WaterAid
ORGANIZATION ADDRESS 233 Broadway, Suite 2705
New York, NY 10279
FEDERAL TAX ID
DATE DONATION RECEIVED Oct 18, 2021
RECEIPT ISSUE DATE 10/18/2021
DONATED BY _____________
DONOR ADDRESS _______________

AMOUNT ____________
DONATION TYPE Monthly
LOCATION RECEIPT ISSUED 233 Broadway, Suite 2705
New York, NY 10279
AUTHORIZED SIGNATURE Kelly Parsons, CEO

My information has been taken off the receipt for privacy reasons. Hope this helps. Good to see that you are a contributor! Awesome.

Not quite sure why you’re so interested in my charitable donations?

We may end up with some more folks contributing to WaterAid as a result of your continued questions and interest…so I guess it’s all good. 🙂

Regards,
MG
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:36 am

You're kidding, I've not asked for any of this. I don't care about any of your claims to intellect, righteousness, or charity, whether real or imagined. It's the discontinuity of your narrative I find interesting.

My only concrete request was for you to back up your charge that I continuously 'dis' the LDS Church's humanitarian efforts to the point that it's sickening. Please refer to the following exchange.

MG 2.0 wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:33 am

Your continued dissing of the church and its humanitarian efforts and ‘hoarding’ are getting old.

Even sickening.

Find something better to do.

But you won’t.

Regards,
MG
Morley wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:57 am
MG: Show me where I'm continuously dissing the humanitarian efforts of the church. Quotes and links, if you would.
But, so far, nothing from you.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Morley wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:58 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:36 am

You're kidding, I've not asked for any of this. I don't care about any of your claims to intellect, righteousness, or charity, whether real or imagined. It's the discontinuity of your narrative I find interesting.

My only concrete request was for you to back up your charge that I continuously 'dis' the LDS Church's humanitarian efforts to the point that it's sickening. Please refer to the following exchange.

MG 2.0 wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:33 am

Your continued dissing of the church and its humanitarian efforts and ‘hoarding’ are getting old.

Even sickening.

Find something better to do.

But you won’t.

Regards,
MG
Morley wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:57 am
MG: Show me where I'm continuously dissing the humanitarian efforts of the church. Quotes and links, if you would.
But, so far, nothing from you.
You seemed to question whether I was telling the truth. I was.

Glad to hear that you are supportive of and appreciative of the LDS Church and its humanitarian efforts throughout the world. If I misjudged you, I apologize.

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Morley wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:42 am
MG 2.0 wrote:

Regards,
MG
There seems to be a natural inclination to question motives and actions of good and honest folks simply trying to do the right thing.

Sad.

I was telling the truth all along. Yet you doubt?

Regards,
MG
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:43 pm

Glad to hear that you are supportive of and appreciative of the LDS Church and its humanitarian efforts throughout the world. If I misjudged you, I apologize.
Yes, I'm appreciative if and when the LDS engages in humanitarian efforts.
MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:46 pm
There seems to be a natural inclination to question motives and actions of good and honest folks simply trying to do the right thing.
That has not been my experience.
MG 2.0 wrote:
I was telling the truth all along. Yet you doubt?
I'm not copping to that. On another note, please make a list of all the reasons I should believe you.
Last edited by Morley on Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Morley wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:36 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:43 pm

Yes, I'm appreciative if and when the LDS engages in humanitarian efforts.
MG 2.0 wrote:
That has not been my experience.
Were you questioning whether I was telling the truth in regards to the monthly contributions my wife and I make to WaterAid?

If so, why?

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Morley wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:36 pm

Please make a list of all the reasons I should believe you.
I went as far as I could go, in public, by copying the text of my last monthly statement. I’m not going beyond that.

This is an interesting exchange, to put it mildly.

Although it does give us a bird’s eye view of the critics and the snap judgements that are made. And even when they are in error they will risk looking foolish rather than admit they are wrong.

You are and have been looking foolish and overly judgmental.

May I suggest you just let it go?

My wife and I are monthly contributors to WaterAid. Actually, I would question whether you are also contributing if you’re not getting a monthly statement.

Hmmm…

But I’ll take you at your word. 🙂

Regards,
MG
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

MG 2.0 wrote:

WaterAid got its start right here in good ol’ Utah, if I’m not mistaken.

……….

You’re right. The Utah connection is the church allocating humanitarian funds to WaterAid. My mistake.

……….

My wife and I have been giving monthly donations to WaterAid for a few years. We love this charity and the good that it does throughout the world.

……..

Not sure. It’s been a number of years now that we’ve participated in this charity. I asked my wife and she doesn’t remember the particulars as to how we found out about it.

…..

For some reason I mixed this charity up with some other Utah based charity we had read about years ago. My bad.

…….

We get a statement from WaterAid every month.

……..

That’s the way charities work. Auto pay and then a statement.

…….

If you want to receive a monthly statement you may want to contact WaterAid.

…..

My information has been taken off the receipt for privacy reasons. Hope this helps.

MG 2.0. I don't care what charities you do or don't contribute to. Really, I don't. I do find your convoluted narrative entertaining. Thank you for posting the totally not-made-up nor edited receipt from WaterAid to cap it all off.