Paradise Split From: Are school shootings the price we have to pay for the second amendment?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Are school shootings the price we have to pay for the second amendment?

Post by Jersey Girl »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:55 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:50 pm

You are wrong here. Telling a child to stop picking on someone isn't positivity. There are several steps needed years in advance of that event taking place that you are unaware of that could possibly prevent that event from ever taking place to start with. You can learn more about this by reading the posts by posters who know what they're talking about here.
And there ya go. You just can't stop. You had to say, ""you can learn more about this by reading the post by posters who know what they are talking about here."'
Yes, I did say that. I have no problem putting myself in the position of learner on this board. With such good resources on this board why should anyone have a problem doing the same?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Morley
God
Location: Jan van Eyck, Portrait of a Man (Self Portrait), 1433

Post by Morley »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:40 pm
Some Schmo wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:39 pm

I've certainly come to this conclusion. When I use the term "gun nut" I am referring to the idiotic people who care more about their guns than other people's families.

Given that we aren't free to walk US streets without the risk of some lunatic on the street with a gun, I'd say we are way less free than all other first world countries.

One person's freedom is everyone else's potential nightmare. It's beyond senseless.
To all new readers, read the post above then compare it to the real world. Watch this video https://youtu.be/WUF2kY24uFQ it talks a bit about the riots and business owners protecting their livelihood now and even 30 years ago. The post above seems to paint the POC in the video as lunatics and idiotic. Listen very carefully in the beginning, you'll here the white man explain how only the police should possess weapons, the public can't be trusted. Is that the world you want to live in?
I'm not sure what this has to do with schools or school shootings.

I suspect that the board is not as white and isolated as you think it is, Mike. Some of us are, or are married to, what you call POC. Others have family members who identify as such.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Morley wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:48 pm
Some of us are, or are married to, what you call POC. Others have family members who identify as such.
The latter, in my case.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Morley wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:39 pm
Atlanticmike wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:30 pm

https://youtu.be/uA5SJWZRBho
Great video showing the fear and anger many POC live with everyday because of violence in their neighborhoods. Do people POC have the right to protect themselves from violent criminals?
You quoted the topic of volunteering in schools. How is this a response to that? I'm not sure what you're saying.
Pushed on the wrong post, sorry
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Chap wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:57 pm
Morley wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:48 pm
Some of us are, or are married to, what you call POC. Others have family members who identify as such.
The latter, in my case.
Ditto.