John Gee FAIR interview with Scott Gordon

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: John Gee FAIR interview with Scott Gordon

Post by Moksha »

simon southerton wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:31 am
To me this is tantamount to admitting that it's possible his entire career has been a complete waste of time.
Sometimes fleecing the rubes is a way to make a living and it does have a religious precedent.

Kerry wrote:I mean totally ***EPIC***
It would be epic. I hope RFM brings you into his ready room and says, "Number One, make it happen." Could this take place on the Mormonism Live broadcast in glorious 1080 resolution?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:17 pm
What would you say Shulem to doing a threesome with RFM and I?! We together interview you in fantastic and total details of why the Book of Abraham is true and John Gee is a valid Egyptologist... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am actually serious about this. Between the 3 of us we can surely find a way to keep John Gee afloat til he retires can't we? I would LOVE to do this with you guys. It would be EPIC. I mean totally ***EPIC***

Ladies and Gentlemen! RFM & BYP Interviews Shulem on the Book of Abraham and John Gee's Mormon Apologetic Defense. That would be TOTALLY EPIC
idk.

It's possible that something in the future could happen. But I don't think it's in the cards at this very moment. Hard to say. I really have enjoyed several conversations with RFM on the phone as we discuss things and have become acquainted. I suppose if Kishy-baby can call Philo, so can I.

Let things ride out for now. I am really enjoying putting the king's name thread together up in Celestial and it really has worked out quite well, I'd say. It's not the kind of thing apologists would want to confront. How can they? I get a feeling that it's the Anubis thread that I may soon begin up in Celestial that will absolutely nuke Pearl of Great Price Central and take them out in a single blast. Should I give them warning before launching my nukes? There isn't going to be any Book of Abraham by the time I'm done with it. It's over.

Step aside John Gee, you're fired. Your services are no longer required.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

It's all good Shulem. No pressure, no worries... just brain stormin.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:25 am
Unless you consider it pressure to have Anubis reach out to him from the great beyond, urging him to make a podcast that would defend his name and protest the removal of his snout. "Do not rest, My Chosen, until you have delivered Gee and Muhlestein unto my maw on a podcast with Kerry and RFM. Then I shall nibble on Nibley!"
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

This reminds me of one of Carl Kolchak’s best lines in the original Night Stalker movie.

“I’ve become extinct in my own lifetime.”
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:

Right.

And man alive, I feel really good about the King's name thread up in the Celestial Forum. It's rocking and rolling but with me doing almost all the talking!! LOL!

There are more than 12,000 views on that thread and I have to decide whether to keep it going or just let it ride. What do you think, Philo? If I was a Book of Abraham apologist (which I used to be) I would be shaking in my boots reading that thread. It is the bomb -- a nuke!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:40 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:

Right.

And man alive, I feel really good about the King's name thread up in the Celestial Forum. It's rocking and rolling but with me doing almost all the talking!! LOL!

There are more than 12,000 views on that thread and I have to decide whether to keep it going or just let it ride. What do you think, Philo? If I was a Book of Abraham apologist (which I used to be) I would be shaking in my boots reading that thread. It is the bomb -- a nuke!
I'm gonna make a video or ten with it. Would that be cool or what? :D In the video do you want me to call you Shulem or shall I use your actual name? I'm definitely going to be giving Shades boards here some plugs! Yeah Shades baby YOU LOVE ME BRUH!
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:16 am
Shulem wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:40 pm

Right.

I'm gonna make a video or ten with it. Would that be cool or what? :D In the video do you want me to call you Shulem or shall I use your actual name? I'm definitely going to be giving Shades boards here some plugs! Yeah Shades baby YOU LOVE ME BRUH!

Wow, I'm famous!! Please feel free to use my handle name SHULEM used here on the board as well as my full real name on any of your videos when discussing the Book of Abraham. Use both!!

PS. I am very grateful that Shades and the moderators have let me use a little red ink for certain purposes to illustrate text in Celestial. In this case the spirit of the law has prevailed, thank goodness. I'm committed to keep that (red ink) at a minimum because technically it does break the rules. I don't like breaking rules. Thank you Shades!
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Gee's video presentation points out that the critic's biggest problem is mainly with "TRANSLATION". But that's just the tip of the iceberg.

JOHN GEE, can you hear me? Come here so I can whisper in your ears and tell you what's worse than the translation problem. I SHULEM am the ultimate critic of the Book of Abraham and I'm talking to you.

It's the history of Book of Abraham chapter ONE that is the biggest problem. It's Egypt's making as explained in the Book of Abraham in concert with Smith's chronology taken from the Bible & D&C that is the biggest problem. Chapter one of the Book of Abraham is the biggest bunch of BS anyone could ever imagine or read about how Egypt came to be.

Do you get my drift John Gee? You know full well in what I'm talking about. The connections between predynastic and dynastic Egypt find no place whatsoever in Smith's silly story.

Gee, don't even try to take me on. I'm not afraid of you or your credentials. An army of Egyptologists will back me up. I will kick your ass if I have to but I don't want to. I want peace! So, back off and find a way to have the Church pull back and realize that the Book of Abraham should not be taken literally in any way whatsoever. I don't want conflict but I will fight to the death to defend ancient Egypt if I have to and I have the scholars of the world to stand behind me.

Am I not being reasonable? You do understand, don't you?
Bedlamite
Nursery

Post by Bedlamite »

The video is available online now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7f0s53lTfY&t=20s