“King Pharaoh, whose name is given in the characters above his head”

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Shulem
God

Re: Cracked Pharaoh's Name in Facsimile #3

Post by Shulem »

Ed1 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:49 am
Hi Shulem/Paul, I got it. I cracked it. The name is Tutmoses.

It may interest you to know that Thutmose I in whom you refer to as your King in Facsimile No. 3 was a military commander of the previous king, Amenhotep I. Thutmose ascended the throne by right of marrying into the royal family but he was not a king’s son. Nonetheless, he ruled Egypt for a brief six years in which he continued his military campaigns and subjugation of the vile Asiatic having penetrated deep into the Levant.

A quick reference to the king’s list and succession shows that Thutmose II ruled Egypt after his father’s death and he reigned for 14 years. Accordingly, Joseph Smith’s “Prince” of Fig. 4 in the Facsimile *MUST* therefore be Thutmose II who was the only surviving son of Thutmose I. Therefore, Ed should expect that the label written above the hand would also bear the name Thutmose as he postulated for Figure 1.

Where is the the name in the writing above the hand, Ed? Where is the name Thutmose written in the label for Joseph Smith’s so called Prince of Pharaoh?
Shulem
God

Re: Kerry Shirts Podcast

Post by Shulem »

RATED PG for strong language
Backyard Professor Live! On Facsimile #3 in Book of Abraham and the J.S. Papyri

The Backyard Professor takes on Facsimile No. 3! Step aside Gee & Muhlestein. Professor Shirts informs us of current desperate Book of Abraham apologetics. Kerry looks at a new claim which attempts to change the THRONE hieroglyph in the register of Facsimile No. 3 above the head of Queen Isis in order to visualize it as a falcon-standard and make it say “King”. However, even if the glyph was interpreted as a royal falcon-standard, it still does not tender the “NAME” of King Pharaoh. Recall that Smith’s explanation entails BOTH an interpretation and a translation:

1. INTERPRETATION: King Pharaoh, the person (Isis) drawn in the vignette
2. TRANSLATION: whose name is given in the characters above his head.

An apologetic blog spot desperate attempt to change a hieroglyph in the vignette does not tell us a King’s name. Apologists show how desperate they have become because they know Smith couldn’t read or translate Egyptian. And remember, a king’s name is always surrounded by the royal Cartouche. No exceptions!

Now, shall we talk about the name Shulem in the writing? How about Olimlah the black slave? Will the apologist try and change those glyphs too in order to justify Smith’s false translations?

PS. I have a migraine. ugh :(
Last edited by Shulem on Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shulem
God

Re: “Queen Isis, whose name is given in the characters above her head”

Post by Shulem »

Description

The Pharaoh Seti I (circa 1294 BC - 1279 BC), son of Ramesses I and Queen Sitre, is shown seated on his throne worshipping the gods (left to right) Osiris, Isis and Horus. This facsimile was made by an unknown artist after the hieroglyph art at Abydos, Egypt. Published in a history of sculpture in 1883, it is now in the public domain.
https://www.istockphoto.com/vector/seti ... 85-8241154

This is very much like our Facsimile No. 3. The THRONE glyph which is essential to the name of Isis is contained in the inscription above her head. Isis stands behind her seated husband, Osiris. The label is almost exactly that of Facsimile No. 3 and says:

Words spoken by Isis the great, the god's mother.
Ed1
High Priest

Post by Ed1 »

Last edited by Ed1 on Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise; seek what they sought.” ― Matsuo Basho
Shulem
God

Re: “Queen Isis, whose name is given in the characters above her head”

Post by Shulem »

Ed1 wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:04 pm
Shulem wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:31 pm
This is very much like our Facsimile No. 3. The THRONE glyph which is essential to the name of Isis is contained in the inscription above her head. Isis stands behind her seated husband, Osiris. The label is almost exactly that of Facsimile No. 3 and says:

Words spoken by Isis the great, the god's mother.
I stand by what I produced, Paul. Good luck with your life.

And good luck with your life as well.
Moksha
God

Re: “King Pharaoh, whose name is given in the characters above his head”

Post by Moksha »

L to R
1. Canary Man wants to ask Shulem the waiter for a Masala chai
2. Mrs. King of Pharaoh wants the skinny double latte
3. King of Pharaoh will settle for the mocha frappe
4. Shulem the waiter holds carafes of skinny double latte and mocha frappe.
You can tell by the tenting in of his skirt that he likes Canary Man.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:45 am
L to R
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:45 am
L to R

I've always liked your posts, but I gained an even greater respect for you for knowing the proper term for masala chai. Chai is a cognate meaning "tea" that has spread to so many places. I digress. Have you ever made it from scratch? I don't mean growing the Camellia sinensis, and following through the curing of the leaves. I just mean have you ever brewed tea in a masala you toasted and ground?
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Father Francis wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:31 am
I just mean have you ever brewed tea in a masala you toasted and ground?
No, but I have purchased it at my local Asian Mart for the penguin ritual of watching YouTube videos. If practicing the high-chai ceremony, I would first bow north toward Kerry, then southeast toward Paul, and finally east toward the Delmarva peninsula. In ancient times, Oreos were consumed along with the chai, but health consciousness ended that practice.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Moksha wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:36 am
Father Francis wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:31 am
I just mean have you ever brewed tea in a masala you toasted and ground?
No, but I have purchased it at my local Asian Mart for the penguin ritual of watching YouTube videos. If practicing the high-chai ceremony, I would first bow north toward Kerry, then southeast toward Paul, and finally east toward the Delmarva peninsula. In ancient times, Oreos were consumed along with the chai, but health consciousness ended that practice.
:lol: