Praise to the Man!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: Praise to the Man!

Post by Marcus »

K Graham wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:06 pm
People actually believe this is Mike's wife, and not Mike.

SMH.

I know. “Conflict” isn’t something she “gravitates towards,” but date night consists of putting the board up on the big screen and laughing together over the conflicts. :roll:

And calling it “opinion…unemcumbered” is ludicrous. His “opinions” consisted of multiple instances of harassment, sexual and otherwise, and dozens upon dozens of rule breaking words that had to be deleted and personal attacks that had to be moved, just to name a few.

Allowing a troll to massively disrupt the conversational process of a forum community is nothing to thank or praise a forum for.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Mrs. Atlanticmike wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:53 pm
Hello everyone. Even though we have never spoken to each other before, I feel like I know each and every one of you. I peruse the board multiple times a day checking in on Mike to see if he's typing or actually working. It is true Mike opened the Tinfoilhat account for me, but I was never interested in communicating on the board because conflict isn't something I gravitate towards. So I decided to register and create my own account.

I too would like to praise Dr. Shades! But for reasons that haven't been expressed in numerous post this week. I agree with Mike and think Dr. Shades has been steamrolled by veteran board members for the sole purpose of separating Dr. Shades from his authority. The covert tactics manipulators have used this week to force Dr. Shades to step down are obvious. Dr. Shades should be praised for handling the overthrow with grace and dignity. Thank you Dr. Shades and I'm sorry you had to go through such an unnecessary ordeal on a public forum.

Dr. Shades, I want to praise and thank you for allowing Mike the opportunity to express his opinion on your board almost totally unencumbered. He looks up to you for being a free speech champion.

Welcome, Mrs. AtlanticMike!

Shades has been instrumental in maintaining a place where folks can be pretty open with their opinions on Mormonism, and outside of it. Myself, I’ve learned much from the others here, through the generosity of their time, and shared knowledge + experience.

Based on what I’ve seen posted by Mike elsewhere, I suspect that Mike’s faith experiences would generate interesting and robust discussions here. It may not always be sunshine and puppies when doing so, but considering why most folks here have chosen this board as their home base, that wouldn’t be an unexpected circumstance. For Mike, perhaps not too different than why he says being a missionary and knocking on doors would have been discomforting.

Anyhow, make yourself at home. We have non-caffeinated herbal tea and bagels on the back table. Grab one, and hang out. : )
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

K Graham wrote:

The saga continues.

SMH.

I’ll give any alternate personality their chance. ; )
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

canpakes wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:39 pm
K Graham wrote:

The saga continues.

SMH.

:lol: That’s a way of looking at it.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Some Schmo wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:22 pm
K Graham wrote:
The following sentence does feel like a giveaway:
The covert tactics manipulators have used this week to force Dr. Shades to step down are obvious.
The tactics are covert and obvious at the same time? That's quite a trick.
And here folks are, doing just what Atlanticmike and Binger have accused us of. You know how many times people here accuse folks of being sock puppets of someone, only to be flat out wrong? in my opinion, this kind of reaction to new folks here is exactly why we don’t have many new folks stay. New posters are often met with reactions ranging from suspicion to outright hostility. The notion that you can tell who posted a single post by parsing and dissecting one post is ludicrous.

The sign on the door says everyone is welcome. I don’t have to believe anything about the person who is posting under the the account MrsAtlantic Mike to give the same benefit of the doubt that should go along with the concept of “everyone’s welcome.” But no, let’s just assume malice and ridicule word choice in an account’s first post.

Maybe it’s MrsAtlanticMike. Maybe it’s Mike. Maybe it’s a sock of different forum member. Maybe it’s Shades. Maybe it’s me. Whoever it is, they haven’t broken any rules to my knowledge. I lack the hubris to think that I can reliably divine the person on the other end of the account based on one post. Why not give the new person the benefit of the doubt and allow them to establish a track record of interaction? in my opinion, Trollhunters are no better than trolls.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:54 pm
[…in my opinion, Trollhunters are no better than trolls.
Agree to disagree. Completely and totally.
Schreech
CTR A

Post by Schreech »

canpakes wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:39 pm
K Graham wrote:

The saga continues.

SMH.

A better question - people actually believe AtoM is married?
Last edited by Schreech on Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Some Schmo wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:22 pm

The following sentence does feel like a giveaway:

The tactics are covert and obvious at the same time? That's quite a trick.
And here folks are, doing just what Atlanticmike and Binger have accused us of. You know how many times people here accuse folks of being sock puppets of someone, only to be flat out wrong? in my opinion, this kind of reaction to new folks here is exactly why we don’t have many new folks stay. New posters are often met with reactions ranging from suspicion to outright hostility. The notion that you can tell who posted a single post by parsing and dissecting one post is ludicrous.

The sign on the door says everyone is welcome. I don’t have to believe anything about the person who is posting under the the account MrsAtlantic Mike to give the same benefit of the doubt that should go along with the concept of “everyone’s welcome.” But no, let’s just assume malice and ridicule word choice in an account’s first post.

Maybe it’s MrsAtlanticMike. Maybe it’s Mike. Maybe it’s a sock of different forum member. Maybe it’s Shades. Maybe it’s me. Whoever it is, they haven’t broken any rules to my knowledge. I lack the hubris to think that I can reliably divine the person on the other end of the account based on one post. Why not give the new person the benefit of the doubt and allow them to establish a track record of interaction? in my opinion, Trollhunters are no better than trolls.
False equivalence.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

K Graham wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:59 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:

False equivalence.
Why?
he/him

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:57 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
[…in my opinion, Trollhunters are no better than trolls.
Agree to disagree. Completely and totally.
Fair enough.
he/him