Part 2 of Vogel's interview with Murphy

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
dan vogel
CTR A

Part 2 of Vogel's interview with Murphy

Post by dan vogel »

Hey friends, part two of my interview with Stephen Murphy of Ireland premiers today (September 2) at 12:00 noon Utah time. We discuss Joseph Smith’s treasure digging years, including his 1826 court hearing in South Bainbridge, New York.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vf4uY7Sl3U

The first interview can be watched at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0msctxBMtK4

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Part 2 of Vogel's interview with Murphy

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

My man. I’ve been low key consuming your content for the last year. All I can tell you is you’re, in my mind, one of the preeminent scholars of Everything Mormonism. Whatever compels you to dig into Mormon history (and doctrine) to the degree you do has been a boon for thousands, if not tens of thousands. I especially appreciate the preparation work you do with your presentations. They’re professionally put together, and along with your lucid explanations of Mormon minutiae that you then thread together, it really presents a clear and concise message on the topic given for viewers.

Not gonna lie, my favorite videos are the ones where you absolutely decimate Gee. Man, that guy. He knows what he’s doing, and it’s a pure joy watching you take him to task.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
dan vogel
CTR A

Post by dan vogel »

Thanks for your comments and support. It's encouraging.
BeNotDeceived
Priest

Post by BeNotDeceived »

It absolutely blows my mind that anyone with half a brain can actually think the B of M is anything but a fraud when Smith was 'translating' by sticking his head in a tophat and looking at a rock/'seer' stone while dictating an oral story without any gold plates present. How does one not logically conclude he was a con-man and fraudster knowing this, especially when you find out he was using the same stone in a hat method to scam people, claiming he could see buried treasure in the bowels of the earth??? Even more hilarious is that if Smith really did have the power to see money underground (LOL), why would he want someone else to get it instead of just taking it for himself?????? :lol: Guys like Josiah Stowell and Martin Harris give the term 'naïve' a whole new meaning. :oops:
High Spy
Apostle

Post by High Spy »

BeNotDeceived wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:38 pm
It absolutely blows my mind that anyone with half a brain can actually think the B of M is anything but a fraud when Smith was 'translating' by sticking his head in a tophat and looking at a rock/'seer' stone while dictating an oral story without any gold plates present. How does one not logically conclude he was a con-man and fraudster knowing this, especially when you find out he was using the same stone in a hat method to scam people, claiming he could see buried treasure in the bowels of the earth??? Even more hilarious is that if Smith really did have the power to see money underground (LOL), why would he want someone else to get it instead of just taking it for himself?????? :lol: Guys like Josiah Stowell and Martin Harris give the term 'naïve' a whole new meaning. :oops:
BeNotDeceived wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:56 am
Michael Sherwin wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:17 pm

... absolute knowledge.

The Spirit has revealed many details to me about how Joseph Smith started the Church. The "angel" that brought the "gold plates" was Parley P. Pratt. The "angel" that "took the gold plates away" was Parley P. Pratt. The "angel" that "brought the gold plates back a year later" was Parley P. Pratt. Parley had a wagon route that he made every year. It went from around Palmyra to Sandusky, Ohio every year. The gold plates was a manuscript that Parley had on his wagon ...
No wonder a 5.7 magnitude EQ landed his instrument at a most peculiar time.
. . . * . . . . . . . . **

3*8** Knight Lion, but not Nite Lion. 🐳 gbng

Everybody's heard the whale and 8 are linked. :lol:

Choose the 🥩
High Spy
Apostle

Post by High Spy »

16 June 2019

March8miracle.org type events clue us that the Angel Moroni was a Fraud that has now landed his instrument via an Earthquake with a magnitude that may be said to be Emblematic of the Davidic Servant.
. . . * . . . . . . . . **

3*8** Knight Lion, but not Nite Lion. 🐳 gbng

Everybody's heard the whale and 8 are linked. :lol:

Choose the 🥩