Abortion Split from: "What the [lds] church misrepresented in the AP article response"

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
MG 2.0
God

Abortion Split from: "What the [lds] church misrepresented in the AP article response"

Post by MG 2.0 »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:58 pm

Again, a man was raping his child, and molesting his baby. Multiple Church leaders knew. At least one Church lawyer knew. Literally nothing was done for the child and baby. Nothing. Yet, instead of roundly condemning how the leaders acted, and how the lawyer acted, we are getting "hey guys, let's not get too extreme here. Sure, a child was being raped, and a baby molested, and no one did anything to protect the child and baby, but the intentions were totes the best..."
I am also disheartened of all that transpired in this case if the facts as they have been presented are correct.

A question I would ask of those that would be willing to respond:

Do you feel that the church's stand on abortion is correct? Secondarily, are you horrified at the number of babies that are killed in the mother's womb before birth? Thirdly, when given the opportunity do you stand up for the life of the unborn fetus to the same extent and with the same vehemence that you do for child abuse and rape (not to negate the horrendousness if this crime).

Regards,
MG
Morley
God

Re: "what the [lds] church misrepresented in the AP article response"

Post by Morley »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:59 pm

Do you feel that the church's stand on abortion is correct? Secondarily, are you horrified at the number of babies that are killed in the mother's womb before birth? Thirdly, when given the opportunity do you stand up for the life of the unborn fetus to the same extent and with the same vehemence that you do for child abuse and rape (not to negate the horrendousness if this crime).
Deflection and whataboutism.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Do you feel that the church's stand on abortion is correct?
I believe it's a relatively reasonable stand.

It's disconcerting that the Church places eligibility for baptism for someone who had an abortion because they were raped by their father, on the same tier as the eligibility of a father that rapes their child and impregnates them.
Secondarily, are you horrified at the number of babies that are killed in the mother's womb before birth?
Loaded question and terms, but no. Not horrified.
Thirdly, when given the opportunity do you stand up for the life of the unborn fetus to the same extent and with the same vehemence that you do for child abuse and rape (not to negate the horrendousness if this crime).

Regards,
MG
No. I do not think a woman who has an abortion is of the same moral fortitude of a man who rapes his kids.

Deer God. WTF kind of question is that. The Church gives exceptions for abortion. Are there exceptions for raping your kid?

Seriously dude, where did you go so wrong on your moral and ethical journey in life?
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Morley wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:14 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:

Deflection and whataboutism.
No deflection. We are all in agreement as to the horrendousness of child rape and child abuse. I've already stated that whatever actions are taken by the church should put the victim first. At all costs.

Now, can I safely assume you feel the same amount of grief/pain/anger towards the numbers of unborn children that have their lives taken while in the womb?

Otherwise, me thinks I'm prone to think there may be some hypocrisy in these parts.

Three simple questions I asked. Are you willing to answer them? If not, I'm happy to start a new thread.

Child abuse and rape surely are comparable in some respects to the taking of a child's life before they ever have the chance to experience life outside the womb. Wouldn't you think?

Your answer to my post was deflection. And yes, I am asking "What about?"

Regards,
MG
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

MG: If you want to talk about this, please start a new thread.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:34 pm
Otherwise, me thinks I'm prone to think there may be some hypocrisy in these parts.
People here are outraged that a man was raping his kid and molesting his baby. He was documenting it and sharing it online. Multiple Church leaders knew about it and did nothing to protect the child and baby. Absolutely nothing. Nothing.

Your response now is to scrounge around for potential hypocrisy from those who are horrified by this?

“Oh, you think raping kids is wrong? Well, do you think _______ is wrong? Huh? Because if you don’t, you’re a hypocrite for thinking raping kids is wrong.”

If I'm a hypocrite for thinking that raping kids is wrong, then I will wear that title as a badge of absolute honor.

Something is deeply broken in you. I hope you can someday be mended.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:58 pm

Again, a man was raping his child, and molesting his baby. Multiple Church leaders knew. At least one Church lawyer knew. Literally nothing was done for the child and baby. Nothing. Yet, instead of roundly condemning how the leaders acted, and how the lawyer acted, we are getting "hey guys, let's not get too extreme here. Sure, a child was being raped, and a baby molested, and no one did anything to protect the child and baby, but the intentions were totes the best..."
I am also disheartened of all that transpired in this case if the facts as they have been presented are correct.
[personal attack deleted, FR 2 -- RI]

1) notice [personal attack deleted, FR 2 -- RI] isn’t distressed enough to protest his “church”, and will continue happily along as a dues-paying member of an organization that hides child rapists from law enforcement - he won’t stop contributing his time and money to an organization that literally protects child rapists

2) he continues to sow doubts about what transpired with the Mormon child rapist and how his “church” concealed his behavior from the justice system

3) tries to deflect attention away from his own complicity of supporting his “church” that had and has thousands upon thousands of cases where they protect child abusers, rapists, and the such

I’ve come to the conclusion that the Mormon church must be full of men who are not only ok with protecting child rapists, but at best don’t think the crime really deserves prison, and at worst harbor that kind of sickness in their hearts and sympathize with a fellow pervert over a kid being sexually assaulted or abused.

This is the easiest lay up anyone and any org can make: TURN RAPISTS OVER TO LAW ENFORCEMENT.

The best way to stop rapists from raping is to: TURN RAPISTS OVER TO LAW ENFORCEMENT.

“F” these guys.

- Doc
Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:34 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
Do you feel that the church's stand on abortion is correct?
I believe it's a relatively reasonable stand.

It's disconcerting that the Church places eligibility for baptism for someone who had an abortion because they were raped by their father, on the same tier as the eligibility of a father that rapes their child and impregnates them.
Secondarily, are you horrified at the number of babies that are killed in the mother's womb before birth?
Loaded question and terms, but no. Not horrified.
Thirdly, when given the opportunity do you stand up for the life of the unborn fetus to the same extent and with the same vehemence that you do for child abuse and rape (not to negate the horrendousness if this crime).

Regards,
MG
No. I do not think a woman who has an abortion is of the same moral fortitude of a man who rapes his kids.

Deer God. WTF kind of question is that. The Church gives exceptions for abortion. Are there exceptions for raping your kid?

Seriously dude, where did you go so wrong on your moral and ethical journey in life?
Dude, you are mistaken in thinking that I am supportive of child rape and/or abuse. How many times do I need to say that? Sheesh.

What I am hearing you say is that if for one child rape...as horrendous as it is...thousands of unborn children can be killed while in the womb.
Aand YOU are OK with that?

Where did you and so many others go so wrong as to devalue human life?

That you are not horrified saddens me. Many others feel as you do. No qualms about taking human life. Murder in the womb.

Exceptions for abortion? Yes. But the widescale and horrific numbers of babies that are killed because a women decides to abort a fetus rather than carrying it to full term?

C'mon.

I find it interesting how some folks can be so vehemently angered in one area of human depravity (not that it isn't warranted) and yet be tone deaf when it comes to something that the political left sells the gullible as a matter of fact/convenience.

Hypocrisy.

Regard,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:48 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:

I see the piece of crap is still being a piece of crap.
This is getting old, Doc. I think others might be getting a bit weary of your shenanigans too. But maybe not.

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Morley wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:39 pm
MG: If you want to talk about this, please start a new thread.
I can see this is causing some grief.

Regards,
MG