I Love This Man

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: I Love This Man

Post by Kishkumen »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:17 pm
This is the man and family Ajax admires.
Not just admires but in fact worships. Trump is the apotheosis of post-modern American life, in which all of us have become the externalities to his parasitical sales organization masking as a political movement. Americans worship the Donald BECAUSE he will sell them a red, white, and blue bridge between two dunes in a desert landscape with a neon sign bearing his name on it after he has funded it with their donations to his cause of fighting the people he has cocktails with on the weekends, before boarding a plane filled with Floridian coeds, a carefully curated selection of designer drugs, and enough McDonalds to feed a football team.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Gadianton wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:47 pm
Being a victim of a partisan political justice department has made him more popular still with his base.
Drug dealers also see themselves as victims of an unfair system. How hard would it be NOT to conspire to steal an election and then hoard truckloads of classified docs on your way out as a failed, 1-term president?

He almost had to do it, Ajax, because as you point out, if he hadn't committed a string of crimes like an insecure teen on Tik Tok going extreme for views, nobody would be talking about him anymore. At least you understand it's his unhinged antics, not good ideas or sound leadership, that make him popular with people like yourself.
No it was his policies that made me love him and you hate him. He governed conservatively and delivered economic prosperity and peace through strength.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

If you could ask Ivana how she feels about it, you'd be disappointed. She knew the hatred that the left held for Eric, Don Jr., and Ivanka. The left looked to find a DJT hater in her while she was alive and were sorely disappointed.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:01 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

If you could ask Ivana how she feels about it, you'd be disappointed. She knew the hatred that the left held for Eric, Don Jr., and Ivanka. The left looked to find a DJT hater in her while she was alive and were sorely disappointed.
^ this is who this Mormon priesthood holder is. Absolutely zero empathy for this woman, her life, and how her gravesite is treated. Bananas how little disregard so many Mormon men have for women.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:24 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:01 pm
^ this is who this Mormon priesthood holder is. Absolutely zero empathy for this woman, her life, and how her gravesite is treated. Bananas how little disregard so many Mormon men have for women.

- Doc
I believe that Ivana Trump doesn't give two bits about her gravesite now. She's on to bigger and better things. I'll admit to being a less than Christian example of a Latter Day Saint in the past especially during my faith crisis. And I'm sorry that you've only seen the partisan political side of me. But don't use my bad example as an excuse to put down the LDS faith.

I actually respect Ivana for not having an elaborate gravesite in the same way I respect and hope to follow my grandfather in being buried in a pinebox, that being the least expensive option at the time. I'd much rather my kids had a an extra $2k in their pockets. That's my culture and heritage. Patriarchy isn't as selfish as it is portrayed.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

You think it was Ivana’s choice to be dumped at a Trump golf course as a tax write off?

by the way, Ivanka got 18 patents from China while daddy was in office. And a job. In his Cabinet. You still “upset” about Hunter Biden?

- Doc
Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:41 am
You think it was Ivana’s choice to be dumped at a Trump golf course as a tax write off?

by the way, Ivanka got 18 patents from China a while daddy was in office. And a job. In his Cabinet. You still “upset” about Hunter Biden?

- Doc
I guess the nepotism and corruption looks squeaky clean when it’s totally out in the open.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
That was his EX-wife, right? How many men would give their ex-wives even that much?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:27 pm
That was his EX-wife, right? How many men would give their ex-wives even that much?
Well, you know if she was the mother of my children, I think I'd do a whole lot better than an unmaintained plot in the corner of a golf-course. In fact, I am damn sure I would, if her getting buried decently depended on me.

And so would a lot of other men, I think. Many divorces do not end in hatred and silence, at least not between civilised people. But maybe things are different in Trumpworld.

Maybe Ivana was a loser, and so she got a loser's grave?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Dr. Shades wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:27 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
How many men are purported billionaires, a former President, and have living high-profile children of the mother?

All I can tell you is if it fell to me to give my children the decency of a beautiful resting place for their mother I would, since children, adult or otherwise, will model off my behavior. Perhaps you’re still raw from your divorce, but Trump isn’t an ordinary man. The reality of a former President acting like a selfish piece of crap is astonishing and embarrassing. We should want our Presidents to act with maturity, decorum, and propriety.

- Doc