Gemli, and attacking those who make sense.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Gemli, and attacking those who make sense.

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

That Little crap continues his relentless assault on Ms. Colvin’s character:
Louis Midgley > Daved6

Defund The Police and Daved6: Please notice that Professor Peterson, very much unlike Gina Colvin, does not allow those from the sewer to post rubbish without more than adequately responding.

The owner of Kiwi Mormon allowed what she knew was rubbish to be posted on her blog. This was a truly remarkable indication of her disinterest in truth, was it not? DTP/Dd6 ought to be able to see the point.

And no Latter-day Saint who posts on sic et non expects gemli to ever be the least bit interested in anything about Latter-day Saint faith, or any other faith in God.
TLS, of course, lacks the courage to emerge from behind DCP’s skirt, so to speak, and engage anyone anywhere on the topic of his faith. He understands, and feels it deep in his core, that he’s a true coward who relishes taking pot shots at people from the safety of a heavily moderated blog ran by his friend and emotional protector. He screams out as he strikes his victims, that one.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Here's one of those comments from Colvin's blog that I am sure the Midge wants deleted:
... The language used by Midgley and the rudeness with which he uses it is not tolerated in any setting I am familiar with. As a child, speaking the way Midgley does would have resulted in severe punishment from my parents.

Now, as an adult in the professional world, simply no one I know communicates the way Midgley and Peterson communicate. Human Resources would have been involved long ago. And on a personal level, Midgley is quite simply a mean-spirited and tremendously unkind bigot. From a religious standpoint, he operates very, very far from the basic tenets of any Christian position. He has already stated that if he were atheist nothing would stop him from all manner of sin, and apparently neither does being a believer...

http://disq.us/p/28vj4md
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Speaking of Midgley's argument that "rubbish" was posted on Colvin's blog, here is a great sampling of his rubbish:
Louis Midgley bfolkman • a year ago • edited

...There are exactly no accurate examples assembled on fake Dr. Shades board about about my "disgusting behavior...."

----
disqus_11v03t4WRp Louis Midgley • a year ago

“ No accurate examples”?? Here are just a few examples of your own words, Midgley:

“ Gina Colvin does not know enough about the history of the Church of Jesus Christ in New Zealand, or about Maori culture to have an informed opinion on Newton's publications.

She was not raised Maori, but has assumed that identity while undergoing the current fashionable complaints about the evils of colonization as she worked on her own PhD in journalism. And she was colonized by essentially post enlightenment skeptical ideologies now fashionable in universities. This ended up turning her against the faith her European mother, who was a ardent convert to the Church, had managed to see that she was raised in.”

And this:

“ For instance, where Maori Saints love the Book of Mormon, Gina detests it.

She started out as a naïve primitive believer. But her work on a PhD thesis in journalism led her to read recent French philosophy, and this colonized her in a radically hostile worldview that has exactly no place for Maori things or the faith of the Saints.“

https://www.patheos.com/blo...

And this:

“ And I was pleased to be able to report on my encounter in Christchurch with Dr. Nathan McCluskey, who just happens to be the husband of Gina Colvin, a notorious critic of the Church of Jesus Christ who has posted as Kiwi Mormon.

Nathan has his PhD in political science, while his wife has one in journalism. Gina seems to me to have been intellectually colonized by current fads and hopefully temporary fashions that have taken her out of the Church of Jesus Christ. She has become some sort of an Anglican lay preacher, though she admits that she knows exactly nothing about the Church of England.

She is obsessed with the terrible impact of British colonization of New Zealand. There is some irony in this, since she has been blessed to have a PhD and the power and prestige that currently goes with it by the very thing she laments.

And she has become hostile to the Church of Jesus Christ, which took root among Maori who had turned away from their earlier Anglican faith because it denigrated Maori culture and faith, which was strongly supported by Latter-day Saint missionary endeavors.

...I am also pleased to report that Nathan told me that both he and his wife have read everything that I have written about the Maori Latter-day Saint historical narrative.

And he agrees with me, while she detests--he used the word hates--what I have written. If for no other reason, knowing this was well worth the expense and effort involved in my recent, and most likely, last visit to Aotearoa/New Zealand.

https://www.patheos.com/blo...

And this:

“Gina Colvin ceased posting as "Kiwi Mormon" for quite a while, after she faced a DC by her Bishop. But she is back posting again, after having her name removed from the membership records of the Church of Jesus Christ.

She was earlier baptized an Anglican and became some sort of lay Anglican preacher, and now she is a member of the Community of Christ. There is a tiny Community of Christ congregation in Auckland, but not even one other member of that sinking ship in Christchurch, where she lives. So Gina Colvin is now the only member of the Community of Christ on the South Island of New Zealand. She has, it seems, found a "community" that fits her desire to enjoy her own "spirituality."

And this:

“ I pity Gina's husband.”

Midgley, you are a creepy stalker.

http://disq.us/p/28tylo8
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Another relevant post about the Midge's 'contributions'
Lance Hemmert Louis Midgley

Oh, you don't like it when someone misspells your name? You know, like you consistently do on SeN as a sort of barb toward posters you don't like? You're not going to have the top cover here or anywhere else like you do on Dan's blog. You should repent of your vile behavior and be the example you think Saints ought to be... unless of course your boorish behavior is how you think Saints ought to be. If that's the case, you do your faith no favors.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Louis Midgley Louis Midgley 15 hours ago

I should have mentioned that my first visit to London was soon after the end of WW II, when I was forced to serve in Germany, but was able to travel all over western Europe at government expense, with my wife, of course….
Midgley served during the Korean War. Why does he have such a problem with stating that? I also didn’t realize that traveling all over Europe with your spouse at government expense was a perk of military service. Something tells me Midge isn’t really telling the whole story…as usual. :roll: