Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself! The Golden Key!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

Re: Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself!

Post by Shulem »

Abaddon wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:16 pm
I've been a member of this community for many moons (counting my lurking years, easily more than a decade), and I felt prompted to drop by and say, this is one of the most fascinating threads I've read in a long time.

I'm feeling the Spirit on these latest interpretations by Shulem.

I agree and feel the Spirit too. The passion is within me like a fire is burning! I can feel the energy being pulled inward and sense that the Book of Mormon is on the verge of being hog tied and put on display as if it was a museum exhibit for the world to appreciate from that point of view. I'm on to Joseph Smith. I really am. I can feel it.
Shulem
God

"Nearly surrounded by water"

Post by Shulem »

Shulem wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:06 pm
Shulem wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:08 pm
And now, it was only the distance of a day and a half’s journey for a Nephite, on the line Bountiful and the land Desolation, from the east to the west sea; and thus, the land of Nephi and the land of Zarahemla were nearly surrounded by water, there being a small neck of land between the land northward and the land southward.

"Nearly surrounded by water"

In other words, this land is almost, but not quite, AN ISLAND! Smith's presentation of the land of Nephi in how it relates to the ocean and the land leading into the north via the narrow neck is indicative of nearly being on an island which is completely surrounded by water. But in this case the land is "nearly" surrounded by water which allows us to know that Smith was visualizing a piece of land that was surrounded on three sides by ocean with the northern end leading through the narrow neck, thus we are dealing with a PENINSULA! The very definition of a peninsula is: A piece of land almost surrounded by water or projecting out into a body of water.

Websters 1828 wrote:PENIN'SULA, noun [Latin pene, almost, and insula, an isle.]

1. A portion of land, connected with a continent by a narrow neck or isthmus, but nearly surrounded with water. Thus Boston stands on a peninsula

Nearly surrounded by water implies that the vast majority of the land has coastline! It would therefore be reasonable to say that "nearly surrounded" means literally that, "NEARLY SURROUNDED" and if the land is surrounded by ocean then that means it's a peninsula, period. In the case of the Book of Mormon peninsula the only escape is through the narrow neck leading to the north. There is no escape beyond the cradle of the south. That's the end of the line. All that exist south of the land of Nephi is ocean and a coastline surrounds the very land in which Lehi landed.

THAT is why you never hear about anyone ever going south of the original landing of Nephi. Everything leads north through the isthmus or narrow slip of land.

Folks, this makes a solid case for the Delmarva Peninsula being the land of Nephi. It just can't get any clearer or more concise than that other than Smith afterward coming out and naming it which he didn't for obvious reasons.
Last edited by Shulem on Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shulem
God

North

Post by Shulem »

"North" means north and all roads led north through the narrow neck of land. The only other alternative for escape would be to build ships and sail out into the east & west bays which lead up "into" the land northward through the Susquehanna & Delaware rivers which flank the narrow neck or sail around the cape leading up the Jersey coast.

Indeed, Smith was very concise in matching the direction of the northern isthmus as due north. Had the isthmus been at a tilt leading either to the west or east, the narrative would have naturally given us that information just like it did when Nephi was traveling south from his homeland making his way down to the Arabian Sea:

"And it came to pass that we traveled for the space of four days, nearly a south-southeast direction, and we did pitch our tents again; and we did call the name of the place Shazer."
Last edited by Shulem on Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shulem
God

No kings!

Post by Shulem »

2 Nephi 10:10-12 wrote:But behold, this land, said God, shall be a land of thine inheritance, and the Gentiles shall be blessed upon the land.

And this land shall be a land of liberty unto the Gentiles, and there shall be no kings upon the land, who shall raise up unto the Gentiles.

And I will fortify this land against all other nations.

The "land" which Nephi inherited is of course the very territory under the jurisdiction of the future United States of America established under the Constitution. That *is* the land of Nephi's inheritance. You will note that Smith was reasonable in stating that there would be "no kings upon the land" because *THIS* land is the United States of America, the same land in which Nephi was standing!

This automatically disqualifies Mexico from being the land of Nephi's inheritance because Mexico is not the land of liberty in which is fortified against all other nations. Mexico lost a war with the United States of America and has been ruled by two kings: Emperors Agustín I & Maximilian I.

And please, don't anyone try and qualify any of the nations of Central America as being Nephi's land of inheritance! Those nations in Central America have nothing whatsoever to do with the Book of Mormon and are NOT the futuristic land of liberty. Lehi originally inherited the promised land which would later become the United States in fulfillment of prophecy spelled out very succinctly by the patriotic American author of the Book of Mormon, Joseph Smith.
Shulem
God

Re: Moronihah, where is the mountain?

Post by Shulem »

Shulem wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:09 am
He kept it a secret. He never told the church where the KEY location for the Book of Mormon was located. Why would he neglect to reveal to the church the location of the Book of Mormon? Could it be that maybe they might try and verify his words?

Smith bit off more than he could chew and he knew it. He started out reasonable enough using the geography he identified on the eastern map. But Smith had never been to the peninsula and had no first-hand knowledge of the terrain or whatnot. He probably figured it was similar to his own countryside but had features and elements special to that region. It may be at that in the beginning Smith had no preconceived plan to keep the location a secret but as the story progressed it must have been apparent that things therein could be traced and verified or disproved.

No problem here:

1) "And the city of Zarahemla did take fire."
2) "And many great and notable cities were sunk, and many were burned,"
3) "And there were some who were carried away in the whirlwind"

Big problem here:

"And the earth was carried up upon the city of Moronihah, that in the place of the city there became a great mountain."

Mountain, "mountain"? Or could this just be a figure of speech and an exaggeration? It's things like this in Smith's exaggerated narrative that would most certainly get him into trouble if he were to reveal the place of the narrow neck and identify the peninsula in which he used to start his story beginning with Lehi's landing at the land of promise. Everyone and their dog would be going to Delaware to look for that mountain and not find it. I think it's safe to say Smith needed to keep a tight lip because his story simply went from reasonable to ridiculous and a visit to the actual location would prove that his story was nothing more than a story.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself!

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem
"North" means north and all roads led north through the narrow neck of land.
Not if your name is John "I am Mr. Mesoamerican Book of Mormon Scholar of the World" Sorenson
Shulem
God

Discovery

Post by Shulem »

For the record, I first conceived the "theory" that Zarahemla was located on the peninsula of Delmarva some 15 years ago. Apparently, I've just learned that others have taken this into consideration and I'm posting some links to material that I've hardly managed to peruse. I think it's wonderful that others beside myself have explored this and have considered the possibilities.

For the record, I (Paul Osborne) don't care about receiving any credit or accolades for this geography. Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn. I'm just here to push the truth and stand as a witness. I feel rather humble about it and would like to maintain a pleasant and positive thread. If you have been reading and keeping track of this thread then I thank you and express my personal appreciation. I feel honored that YOU are here! And I apologize if I've offended believers who maintain faith in the Book of Mormon. That is not the purpose of this thread. I sincerely apologize because I have made some quips early on that were rude.

Thank you.

I've only briefly looked at the links so I really don't know what all is there.

FRIDAY, JANUARY 22, 2016 Looking for Zarahemla – Part I

Has the Geographical Truth of the Book of Mormon Been Kept Hidden? – Part V

And more:

Finding Zarahemla: A New Look at the Lands of the Book of Mormon Paperback – August 8, 2012
by Franklin Reid (Author)

Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:39 am
Shulem
"North" means north and all roads led north through the narrow neck of land.
Not if your name is John "I am Mr. Mesoamerican Book of Mormon Scholar of the World" Sorenson

Since the dawn of time and from the rise of the first generations, civilizations have always known the direction of NORTH with the greatest respect. Likewise, civilization has always known the direction of EAST and WEST with the greatest of respect and those cardinal directions hang in the balance as the sun rises in the east and the sun sets in the west. It has ever been that way and always will be.

The narrative in the Book of Mormon with the east and west sea and the narrow neck leading to the north corresponds exactly with the cardinal points of the compass and the directions understood by every traveler who has traversed land and sea. That was also in the mind of Joseph Smith perfectly. John Sorenson was not connected at all with Joseph Smith's vision and remained unattached to the real geography that was in Smith's heart and mind. The real geography of Joseph Smith was in his own backyard and embraced the land of liberty that was inherited by white Christians whom he hope to convert to his brand of improved Christianity. That was the whole purpose of the Book of Mormon in the first place.
Shulem
God

Re: Moronihah, where is the mountain?

Post by Shulem »

Shulem wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:12 am
Big problem here:

"And the earth was carried up upon the city of Moronihah, that in the place of the city there became a great mountain."

Mountain, "mountain"? Or could this just be a figure of speech and an exaggeration? It's things like this in Smith's exaggerated narrative that would most certainly get him into trouble if he were to reveal the place of the narrow neck and identify the peninsula in which he used to start his story beginning with Lehi's landing at the land of promise. Everyone and their dog would be going to Delaware to look for that mountain and not find it. I think it's safe to say Smith needed to keep a tight lip because his story simply went from reasonable to ridiculous and a visit to the actual location would prove that his story was nothing more than a story.

Mountains in the Bible are like apple pie and baseball in American life. What story in the Bible is void of a mountain? Without mountains you don't have the Bible. Mountains and valleys are an essential ingredient in every Bible story. So, without mountains in the Book of Mormon it would leave us hollow and disconnected from biblical way of doing things. Smith knew that. He employed mountains and valleys in his story in order to maintain consistency and uniformity. But, the mountains got him into real trouble with the geography he selected on the map. I think he realized that and figured that remaining silent was the only course of action he should take (or not take) because archeological evidence to support his narrative would never be produced in that part of the vineyard. I wonder if that worried him or whether he simply blew it off and kept the church busy thinking about other things?
Shulem
God

Smith visualized the isthmus and the peninsula in his mind while dictating:

Post by Shulem »

"And now, it was only the distance of a day and a half’s journey for a Nephite, on the line Bountiful and the land Desolation, from the east to the west sea;"

Bear in mind that it was "ONLY" the distance of a day and half's journey! Fear not, it's doable. Delmarva fits this criteria in every respect. A man could traverse the narrow neck from sea east to sea west in a day and a half with no problem. I think I could even do it but it would hurt! No need for running shoes or sneakers. Just don moccasins or sandals and make the trek! Watch out for snakes and don't trip. Pace yourself, jog, and then rest a little. Up and down the hills and over and about every slope that spans the entire length across the landscape. Sure, that makes sense. That is something a Nephite (maybe even Daniel C. Peterson) should be able to do so long as he is in good health having his feet shod and a good water bottle strapped about his hip.

"and thus the land of Nephi and the land of Zarahemla were nearly surrounded by water, there being a small neck of land between the land northward and the land southward."

We've talked about this. The land was surrounded with water, nearly surrounded, like an island hanging out in the ocean connected only by a small neck of land. Little wonder Nephi said, "we have been driven out of the land of our inheritance; but we have been led to a better land, for the Lord has made the sea our path, and we are upon an isle of the sea."

Thus, the land of Nephi really was like being on an isle of the sea and the circumference of the land was surrounded by coastline except at the small neck of land. That is exactly what Smith saw when he looked at Delaware as it adjoins to Maryland on the map. And remember that Lehi's landing was the southern most place mentioned in the story, there being no other direction to go but north.

"And it came to pass that the Nephites had inhabited the land Bountiful, even from the east unto the west sea, and thus the Nephites in their wisdom, with their guards and their armies, had hemmed in the Lamanites on the south, that thereby they should have no more possession on the north, that they might not overrun the land northward."

Notice that Alma Joseph Smith tells us that the Nephites had "hemmed in" the Lamanites to the south. There was no way they could pass through the narrow neck of land and enter and possess the north. They were hemmed in out on the peninsula like being out on an isle of the sea. There was nowhere to go outside their island. The Lamanites were trapped and the ONLY way they could enter the northern lands was to go through the narrow neck or build ships like Hagoth did and sail through the bay into the rivers leading up into the interior of the northern country. But the story never mentions Lamanites building ships because they were primitive and less industrious than their fair and white brethren, the Nephites.

"Therefore the Lamanites could have no more possessions only in the land of Nephi, and the wilderness round about. Now this was wisdom in the Nephites—as the Lamanites were an enemy to them, they would not suffer their afflictions on every hand, and also that they might have a country whither they might flee, according to their desires."

"ROUND ABOUT" being the key! The Lamanites were confined to the peninsula with nowhere to go but the peninsula itself. Being cut off from entering the narrow neck they were in effect like being on an island completely surrounded by water. If the Lamanites were to escape the isle they would have to defeat the Nephites at the narrow neck in order to go north as they did later in the story.

Delmarva fits the story like a glove!