A tribute to Grindael

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Lem
God

A tribute to Grindael

Post by Lem »

Lem wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:28 pm
huckelberry wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:18 pm
I do not see a reason to do this but it occasion fights about what is and is not racist a confusion sought by some.
These two trolls are only pretending to have a legitimate concern. They are here to troll the board, and Shades, unfortunately, has decided to accommodate them. It’s unfortunate but Shades holds the power and apparently he has decided that the trolls have a point. Any legitimate, serious analysis of trolling would note that the two trolls are taking advantage of Shades’ “free speech” position, to the detriment of the board.

Shades made the same mistake with his Mentalgymnast “Jubilee,” the end result being that we did not hear from our friend Grindael during the last year of his life. This lack of understanding on his part of the damage done by trolls is in no way excused by his free speech commitment. There are ways to maintain free speech without letting trolls destroy a community. Shades has apparently chosen to not investigate that, but his choice is not acceptable as a position that benefits our society as a whole.

In my opinion, all we can do is ignore the trolls, and hope Shades’ actions don’t result in another friend of ours spending the last year of his life elsewhere.
Last edited by Lem on Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lem
God

A tribute to Grindael

Post by Lem »

The trolls here to only to troll the board. This has happened before, most recently with the end result being that we did not hear from our friend Grindael during the last year of his life, which was our loss, entirely.

There are ways to maintain free speech without letting trolls destroy a community, but without moderator assistance, in my opinion all we can do is ignore the trolls, and hope that the lack of action doesn’t result in another friend of ours spending the last year of his life elsewhere instead of within our community.
Last edited by Lem on Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
drumdude
God

Re: Moving this to a more appropriate venue

Post by drumdude »

The multi tiered board system still doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me.

Is any of this drama from the other forum worth delving into? What is the point of raising it here?
Lem
God

A tribute to Grindael

Post by Lem »

drumdude wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:26 am
The multi tiered board system still doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me.

Is any of this drama from the other forum worth delving into? What is the point of raising it here?
I agree the goal is to keep it off this level, that's why I moved my comment here, hoping to get away from it. My post was meant to be a starting tribute to our friend Grindael, whose posts, in Terrestrial, SP or anywhere, were always a treat- educational, joyful, full of life.
Last edited by Lem on Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lem
God

A tribute to Grindael

Post by Lem »

Just to reiterate, my post in this forum is meant to be a tribute to our friend Grindael, whose posts, in Terrestrial, SP or anywhere, were always a treat- educational, joyful, full of life.
Moksha
God

Re: A tribute to Grindael

Post by Moksha »

I really miss the artwork of Grindael. He was so talented in portraying what was happening with facial expressions.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

The real crime is that we have lost MDB and all the wonderful posts Grindael published there.
"Great power connected with ambition, luxury and flattery, will as readily produce a Caesar, Caligula, Nero and Domitian in America, as the same causes did in the Roman Empire." ~Cato, New York Journal
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Lem wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:23 am
The trolls here to only to troll the board. This has happened before, most recently with the end result being that we did not hear from our friend Grindael during the last year of his life, which was our loss, entirely.

There are ways to maintain free speech without letting trolls destroy a community, but without moderator assistance, in my opinion all we can do is ignore the trolls, and hope that the lack of action doesn’t result in another friend of ours spending the last year of his life elsewhere instead of within our community.
Since I just came out of a faith crisis I love to read post from the terrestrial forum. Im here just about everyday reading post from a handful of posters I find interesting. I have no desire to post here. I'm not looking to disrupt this forum. So Lem, why bring this "fight" to a forum that from what I can tell is running like a well oiled machine? It's peaceful here! Let's keep this discussion in paradise where it belongs.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Moksha wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:20 am
I really miss the artwork of Grindael. He was so talented in portraying what was happening with facial expressions.
I think Jersey Girl saved some in the Archives, along with some of his song lyrics. I miss them too.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Cultellus wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:44 pm
Atlanticmike wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:33 pm

Since I just came out of a faith crisis I love to read post from the terrestrial forum. Im here just about everyday reading post from a handful of posters I find interesting. I have no desire to post here. I'm not looking to disrupt this forum. So Lem, why bring this "fight" to a forum that from what I can tell is running like a well oiled machine? It's peaceful here! Let's keep this discussion in paradise where it belongs.
I disagree with this, Atlanticmike.

I say bring it to Terrestrial and bring it to Celestial.

This is absolute nonsense that Scratch, Simon Southerton, Kerry Shirts, Kishkumen and so many other posters are investing a lot of time and personal reputation (in some cases) on a board that has Doc Cam posting 4Chan filth, Nazi filth and all his other insulting filthy hobby bigotry. I think it is long overdue to discuss this and I think that this fact is no longer a secret. Scratch, Kishkumen and others hide behind their "Porter Rockwell" who acts like a complete and total a-hole posting with the intention of insulting others and getting a jolly thrill out of his bigotted propaganda.

It is a symbiotic relationship between the two levels of the board ("Hey Doc Cam..... do you mind... you know.... insulting posters personally until the pain is too much for them to take. In return, you can post all your 4Chan and Nazi stuff down there. Just protect our space so someone won't dare come on here and challenge us, ever.") Wink, wink.

They gather around a single ideology and allow Doc Cam to break every trolling, spamming and etiquette rule to achieve a purpose. And Terrestrial is the perfect sub-forum to discuss this.
I'm staying in paradise. I enjoy reading this forum to much to bring the problems of Spirit Paradise to another forum. Lem was wrong for bringing up the problems found in Spirit Paradise on a forum that runs smoothly. So far I haven't seen any drama here and I respect Dr. shades for allowing poster to have the freedom to post what they want on the spirit paradise forum. I'm not going to ruin a perfectly good forum just because Iem made a mistake. What we're bickering about in spirit paradise won't be resolved there and it definitely won't be resolved here.