A tribute to Grindael

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
MG 2.0
God

Re: A tribute to Grindael

Post by MG 2.0 »

ceeboo wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:42 pm
…by the way, it's "toe" the political line - not "tow")
Oops. I guess I was thinking of a tow truck hauling something along. Thanks for that correction!

https://getproofed.com/writing-tips/idi ... -the-line/

Regards,
MG
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

An example of mentalgymnast's trolling of grindael:

When grindael excitedly announced that he had been chosen to present his research at the Whitmer conference and shared with us some of his work, this was one (just one of many!) of the trolling comments that mentalgymnast posted on his announcement thread that evening:
mentalgymnast wrote:
by the way, loser, we are already well aware that you don't believe in the Divine calling of Joseph Smith...so what's your point in preaching to the choir? You already know you're gonna just get high fives. So what's your point? Much ado about nothing, isn't it?

You're a loser, grindael. Ya, I know I just called you a loser. But the shoe fits.
:(
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:16 pm
Thanks for that correction!
No problem, it's the least I could do for being you minus the Mormon.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:16 pm
ceeboo wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:42 pm
…by the way, it's "toe" the political line - not "tow")
Oops. I guess I was thinking of a tow truck hauling something along. Thanks for that correction!

https://getproofed.com/writing-tips/idi ... -the-line/

Regards,
MG
How would a tow truck evoke ‘tow the line’?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Lem wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:25 pm

When grindael excitedly announced that he had been chosen to present his research at the Whitmer conference and shared with us some of his work, this was one (just one of many!) of the trolling comments that mentalgymnast posted on his announcement thread that evening:
mentalgymnast wrote:
by the way, loser, we are already well aware that you don't believe in the Divine calling of Joseph Smith...so what's your point in preaching to the choir? You already know you're gonna just get high fives. So what's your point? Much ado about nothing, isn't it?

You're a loser, grindael. Ya, I know I just called you a loser. But the shoe fits.
Yeah, I said that. We were in an admittedly heated discussion/back and forth. I had probably had it up to my ears with him and his foul mouthed ways. And yes, I did see him as an enemy of Joseph Smith.

Yep.

Regards,
MG
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:59 pm
Lem wrote:

Yeah, I said that. We were in an admittedly heated discussion/back and forth. I had probably had it up to my ears with him and his foul mouthed ways. And yes, I did see him as an enemy of Joseph Smith.

Yep.

Regards,
MG
Why am I not surprised Mental saw a ‘Tribute to Grindael’ thread and decided to start trolling? Hopefully one of the new mods can take the time to split off these asides from Mental and Ceeboo so the thread can be preserved in a way that honors Grindael’s memory.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Lem wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:55 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:38 pm

I don’t know what any of that means, but if you could tow truck the line and flash that out a bit, I’d be eternity grateful.

- Doc
:lol:
I used the word “toe” incorrectly. Making a mountain out of a molehill? Wouldn’t be the first time.

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:02 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:

Yep.

Regards,
MG
Why am I not surprised Mental saw a ‘Tribute to Grindael’ thread and decided to start trolling? Hopefully one of the new mods can take the time to split off these asides from Mental and Ceeboo so the thread can be preserved in a way that honors Grindael’s memory.

- Doc
I read enough of this thread to understand that this isn’t what was going on. And yet you seemed to be OK with it then.

What gives?

I stated very clearly why I came into this thread. Go back and read my original post, in case you’ve forgotten.

Regards,
MG
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:02 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:

Yep.

Regards,
MG

- Doc
I know they're fulfilling every claim that was previously made. Not to worry, if a split takes place, it won't take long. Even quicker if Gad does the split. I'm secretly hoping he'll take a permanent mod position.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Lem wrote:

mentalgymnast wrote:

:(
MG 2.0 wrote:

Yep.

Regards,
MG
Others remember it differently. In a public thread, a moderator at the time said this, when a question was asked about your post above:
Yeah, report stuff like that. That's clearly a rule violation that I would've moved. It would've added, in my mind anyway, to a body of evidence that he was a repeat offender not following warnings. If it happens again, he's on the queue. It's only going to take one legitimate report. I favored queuing him now, but Shades' take is just a hair away from that.
Last edited by Lem on Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.