Election Litigation Status

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Election Litigation Status

Post by Res Ipsa »

Thanks, honor. I appreciate that. There are a handful of lawyers on Twitter who do a great job reporting and analyzing these cases. I'll save my 15 minutes of fame for something else. :lol:
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

More updates:

Nevada: the Trump electors in the Nevada Election challenge have filed and appeal. https://www.democracydocket.com/wp-cont ... Appeal.pdf Marc Eliason and his crew have moved for summary affirmance. (New one on me, but most of this is new to me.)

Wisconsin: Here is the DNC amicus in the WI Kraken case. https://www.democracydocket.com/wp-cont ... /12/57.pdf This is Marc Elias. I single him out because he and his crew are the heavy hitters for the democrats in election lawsuits. He represents Democratic organizations from the national to the local level in these matters. And he does excellent legal work (not just saying that because I'm on his side in these suits.)
he/him

Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

RI, thanks for your analyses of the lawsuits attempting to overturn the election. It is sometimes hard to figure out what is the more dominant characteristic of these lawsuits, their blatant dishonesty or their incompetency. Their desperation is, of course, blazingly obvious.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Res Ipsa wrote:They claim that somebody connected with either the hardware or the software hates Trump, and so he somehow arranged for China and Iran (I think) to do the dirty work. Like all conspiracy theories, it's kind of a mess when you try to put it all together.
This is one of the points that military guy who confronted me helped me out with, and it turns out my leftist ally on my walks was confronted today with this from his IT guy, and so he called me to tell me about it.

I think this covers the main points:

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-fact ... SKBN28E215

In short, Trump sent out a special forces squad that reports to Flynn (and my derpoid acquaintance claims inside knowledge of this from his active SF peers) to seize servers at a German voting software company called Scytl. Then they attacked CIA director Gina Haspel and wounded her, but in the process 5 SF guys were killed. My acquaintance was in awe of this apparent super-soldier working for the Left.

subs, did I get this right?

This was a big enough meme that Scytl had to put up a faq:

https://www.scytl.com/en/fact-checking- ... fake-news/

Derp told me Google was blocking this information and that I'd need to use a special browser called Duck Duck Go to find it. As it turns out, it's easy to find information from Google, but, to play it his way, I fired up the Duck and funny enough as many links came up debunking as did 'dark' news sites. I checked out the first three dark news sites, the first site wouldn't affirm the "theory" as true but said it totally made sense.

One of the others reported the events factually, as if reporting the weather, and within the same report claimed that Obama had been arrested in Hawaii and will be tried for treason (or something) and that Joe Biden was also arrested and will be tried, and that the reason he had problems with his ankle is that he's been fitted with an ankle bracelet.

Ajax, have I missed anything? I don't want to misrepresent your sacred beliefs.

Nothing on any of the sites amounted to anything remotely conceivable as evidence.

Now this was an interesting turn of events for me, because those stalwarts who read my report on the first QAnon post on 4chan recall that the very first sacred drop from Q claimed that Hillary Clinton would be arrested within a couple of days (it was not his original idea, he was confirming a fellow troll's fabricated intel). Of course she wasn't, and if I recall correctly, commentary on that incident admitted that Q got that wrong, "but he's got so many other things right". But times have changed. If that same claim were made today, the Q followers would affirm that it really happened and any reports to the contrary would either be fake news, or the theory would be modified to work like the Haspel theory where Hilary was arrested, but hasn't been incarcerated yet while she is forced (and humiliated) to serve Trump prior to his overthrow of the Great Reset.

Anything to add subs? I value the opinions those better versed in truthful news sources.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Speaking of derps.. the Derp in Chief just did this:

Basically it’s a Hail Mary with the Supreme Court? I dunno. I’m just reading headlines at this point because my internal recycle bin is reaching its limit. This must be what it feels like to be a ‘jenius.

Also, I haven’t confirmed this because it’s from Breitbart, but Texas Republicans sued the states of GA, WI, PA, and one other (I don’t care enough to check) because Texas Republicans want those states to appoint Republican electors in order to overturn the will of the people.

I’ll never vote Republican again.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
subgenius
Stake President

Post by subgenius »

The Arizona Supreme Court confirmed Monday it will be reviewing an appeal by the Arizona Republican Party challenging the election results in the Phoenix metro area.

KTAR-FM reported that Arizona GOP Chairwoman Kelli Ward filed an appeal to the state’s high court Friday after Maricopa Superior Court Judge Randall Warner ruled the party failed to prove fraud had occurred in the state’s most populous county that would reverse the results of November’s election.

Warner granted a review of 100 random ballots, which showed a three percent change in favor of President Donald Trump.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
Icarus
Bishop

Post by Icarus »

subgenius wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:47 pm
The Arizona Supreme Court confirmed Monday it will be reviewing an appeal by the Arizona Republican Party challenging the election results in the Phoenix metro area.

KTAR-FM reported that Arizona GOP Chairwoman Kelli Ward filed an appeal to the state’s high court Friday after Maricopa Superior Court Judge Randall Warner ruled the party failed to prove fraud had occurred in the state’s most populous county that would reverse the results of November’s election.

Warner granted a review of 100 random ballots, which showed a three percent change in favor of President Donald Trump.
Why did you stop there? They also recounted a much larger 1,626 sampling and found a 7 vote swing in favor of Biden. But such information doesn't jive with your wishful thinking huh.

The 3% for Trump out of that 100 is based on ify assumptions from just two questionable ballots. One was a ballot for Biden that was changed to Trump (effectively a 2% swing) and they said the other ballot was "filled out for the President but discarded." If it was discarded how did it end up being counted?
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

You can always count on jenius and xanax to trawl Breitbart for their articles. But back here in the real world

https://ktar.com/story/3734357/arizona- ... eme-court/
A Maricopa County Superior Court judge ruled on Friday that Ward failed to prove fraud
she [said she] would “go to the end to prove” that “President Trump won this election by a landslide in Arizona.
Not that our board assholes ever bother to read anything. But, hey! wE'rE gOiNg To tH3 sUpReMe cOuRt!
Ward is pressing ahead after four previous legal challenges to the validity of Arizona’s elections were dismissed.
And finally, this idiot was quoted as saying:
Scott Jarrett, Maricopa County’s director of Election Day and emergency voting, said in court Thursday that Trump could have lost 103 votes if the error rate were extrapolated across all 27,800 duplicated ballots in the county, nowhere near enough to change the outcome.
Heh. Kek. He's just a deep state stooge. Kek.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Icarus wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:05 pm
subgenius wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:47 pm
Why did you stop there? They also recounted a much larger 1,626 sampling and found a 7 vote swing in favor of Biden. But such information doesn't jive with your wishful thinking huh.

The 3% for Trump out of that 100 is based on ify assumptions from just two questionable ballots.
Why did he stop there? Because he knew that he had to stop there in order to be his usual disingenuous self. Had he repeated the full story, he would have thrown away the chance to be dishonest.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:06 pm
Speaking of derps.. the Derp in Chief just did this:

[document deleted]

Basically it’s a Hail Mary with Supreme Court? I dunno. I’m just reading headlines at this point because my internal recycle bin is reaching its limit. This must be what it feels like to be a ‘jenius.

Also, I haven’t confirmed this because it’s from Breitbart, but Texas Republicans sued the states of GA, WI, PA, and one other (I don’t care enough to check) because Texas Republicans want those states to appoint Republican electors in order to overturn the will of the people.

I’ll never vote Republican again.

- Doc
Cam, that's the continuation of a lawsuit that Trump first filed with the state Supreme Court under its original jurisdiction. It varies from state to state, but there are certain classes of cases in which the plaintiff can skip the trial court can go straight to the state supreme court for relief. In this case, the state supreme court dismissed, saying the case wasn't within its original jurisdiction. The pleading you posted is Trump going back to the trial court level to restart the suit.
he/him