Did Trump "Drain" the swamp?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Re: Did Trump "Drain" the swamp?

Post by Markk »

honorentheos wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:09 pm
Markk wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:25 pm
LOL Okay
It's interesting to watch Res try to have a discussion about a complicated matter like the US COVID response as Markk demands Res acknowledge Trump did something right. Res contextualizes, Markk isolates.

Res: Trump did a lot that needs criticized and changed so we respond better in the future.

Markk: But he did good when he fast-tracked the vaccines.

Res: Fast-tracking vaccine development was an emergency action that should have involved more than removing testing requirements and other administrative blocks normally in place to ensure safety in the face of a global pandemic killing thousands every day. Those should have included measures taken by other countries that resulted in our medical professionals being exposed to risks, leaving the profession, or dying from the disease they had to be exposed to in order to do their jobs.

Markk: LOL, you just can't say Trump did a good job. I get it. We're still in high school and you belong to the rival school who looks just like our school but we have different colors and a different mascot so we hate each other with illogical passion. We both understand what's going on here. LOL.

Res: ....
Honor,

I’m just trying to wittle down some of the major issues Trump dealt with and whether he did a good or poor job on these issues, in an attempt to find some common ground…obviously all these items could have their own threads.

But it is a good exercise in itself seeing some struggle with this. I get it. If Res is not capable of just stating whether or not “he believes” Trump did a good job handling certain items, I guess he is not capable of doing so, I am. I believe Sean McVey did a great coaching the Ram’s and Urban Meyer did a beyond terrible job coaching the Jag’s…it is really not that hard or complicated expressing ones general opinion of performance Honor.

I believe Trump did a beyond terrible job of acting presidential…he is a moron in that department, however I think he did a good job with the economy, vaccines, and other “tasks”…and a poor job like the above and things being just a little flexible with folks, even within his own administration.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Markk wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:29 pm
Honor,

I’m just trying to wittle down some of the major issues Trump dealt with and whether he did a good or poor job on these issues, in an attempt to find some common ground…obviously all these items could have their own threads.

But it is a good exercise in itself seeing some struggle with this. I get it. If Res is not capable of just stating whether or not “he believes” Trump did a good job handling certain items, I guess he is not capable of doing so, I am. I believe Sean McVey did a great coaching the Ram’s and Urban Meyer did a beyond terrible job coaching the Jag’s…it is really not that hard or complicated expressing ones general opinion of performance Honor.

I believe Trump did a beyond terrible job of acting presidential…he is a moron in that department, however I think he did a good job with the economy, vaccines, and other “tasks”…and a poor job like the above and things being just a little flexible with folks, even within his own administration.
Res is telling you that the issue you brought up for discussion requires more than whether or not Trump did ok in authorizing the expediting of vaccine development. The issue of Trump's COVID response is probably one of his biggest failings when it comes to Presidents doing the job of executive for the government. It's not that Res is avoiding acknowledging Trump did something good so much as the issue within which that falls is a serious matter.

If you just want to play psychologist, ask yourself what it is you are trying to prove here that you yourself don't already assume to be fact.

And, for the record, trying to destroy our republic is beyond redeemable, in my opinion. So, Trump is not a president who gets a letter grade. There aren't plusses and minuses for the guy who decided he wanted to keep power so he invented a lie and undermined public faith in elections, causing an insurrection, and inciting a mob to assault the Capital Building to interfere with the transition of power as decided by the American people.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Markk wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:10 pm
So i am discussing trump and you are inserting someone else into the conversation and then criticizing me for not reading about this other person, when i was not even discussing him in the first place, or inserting him into the context of my assertion?

Is that what you are implying here?
Oh my god, would you just read the content you actually link to besides just the headlines? From your link you just read this:

https://www.axios.com/francis-collins-o ... e71e7.html
Fauci boss gives Trump administration credit on Operation Warp Speed
Literally the first bullet point had you scrolled down two inches:
”The Operation Warp Speed, for which I give a great deal of credit to [former HHS Secretary Alex Azar], was a effort that many of us were not initially convinced was going to be necessary. And it was thought about as a Manhattan Project."
Francis Collins gave Alex Azar, who you clearly had no idea was (nor his role in Trump’s administration either) major kudos for his handling of Op Warp Speed. Because YOU LINKED THE ARTICLE I read it. When I saw credit being given to AA I rolled my eyes, and decided to post his wiki page link and suggested reading his handling of the Admin’s handling of Covid, which includes oPeRaTiOn wArP sPeEd. You, of course, didn’t read anything and just expressed confusion which is perfect, it’s just perfect, because that’s what you do and what you are. You do this with all the topics. You are an endless well of assertions, ignorance, gish galloping, and hubris. It’s aggravating.

eta: I need to add that AA wouldn’t refer to the then President-elect as such, thus propagating the stolen election thing. He also wouldn’t meet with Biden’s incoming Covid task force so a smooth handoff could happen. He roadblocked the Biden admin at every opportunity hoping to cause confusion and disorganization.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:03 pm
Markk wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:10 pm
So i am discussing trump and you are inserting someone else into the conversation and then criticizing me for not reading about this other person, when i was not even discussing him in the first place, or inserting him into the context of my assertion?

Is that what you are implying here?
Oh my god, would you just read the content you actually link to besides just the headlines? From your link you just read this:

Fauci boss gives Trump administration credit on Operation Warp Speed
”The Operation Warp Speed, for which I give a great deal of credit to [former HHS Secretary Alex Azar], was a effort that many of us were not initially convinced was going to be necessary. And it was thought about as a Manhattan Project."
Francis Collins gave Alex Azar, who you clearly had no idea was (nor his role in Trump’s administration either) major kudos for his handling of opening post Warp Speed. Because YOU LINKED THE ARTICLE I read it. When I saw credit being given to AA I rolled my eyes, and decided to post his wiki page link and suggested reading his handling of the Admin’s handling of Covid, which includes oPeRaTiOn wArP sPeEd. You, of course, didn’t read anything and just expressed confusion which is perfect, it’s just perfect, because that’s what you do and what you are. You do this with all the topics. You are an endless well of assertions, ignorance, gish galloping, and hubris. It’s aggravating.

eta: I need to add that AA wouldn’t refer to the then President-elect as such, thus propagating the stolen election thing. He also wouldn’t meet with Biden’s incoming Covid task force so a smooth handoff could happen. He roadblocked the Biden admin at every opportunity hoping to cause confusion and disorganization.

- Doc
So, did Trump do a good job? It’s a simple question Doc…he either did, or he didn’t. The President whether you want to admit it or not is only a man, and they manage and everything goes downward…they get credit when things go good, or things go bad. Please focus my question. Are you saying that if AA and others below him performed bad you would not have blamed Trump?
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

honorentheos wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:37 pm
Markk wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:29 pm
Honor,

Res is telling you that the issue you brought up for discussion requires more than whether or not Trump did ok in authorizing the expediting of vaccine development. The issue of Trump's COVID response is probably one of his biggest failings when it comes to Presidents doing the job of executive for the government. It's not that Res is avoiding acknowledging Trump did something good so much as the issue within which that falls is a serious matter.

If you just want to play psychologist, ask yourself what it is you are trying to prove here that you yourself don't already assume to be fact.

And, for the record, trying to destroy our republic is beyond redeemable, in my opinion. So, Trump is not a president who gets a letter grade. There aren't plusses and minuses for the guy who decided he wanted to keep power so he invented a lie and undermined public faith in elections, causing an insurrection, and inciting a mob to assault the Capital Building to interfere with the transition of power as decided by the American people.
Nonsense…The presidents general approval ratings drive policy, and how administrations adapt. This is just about polarized ideologies.

This has been a very good exercise in my opinion.

I understand your feelings for trump and he will never be redeemable…you state it often.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Markk wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:55 pm
Nonsense…The presidents general approval ratings drive policy, and how administrations adapt. This is just about polarized ideologies.
Wow.

Trump's general approval rating was low over the four years he was in office. According to your statement his policies should have changed more between 2017 and 2021 than any other president changed over four years in recent memory.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/do ... s-n1255360

Trump’s median approval rating during his term was 44 percent. Obama’s median rating after his first term was 48 percent, Bush’s was 56 percent and Clinton’s 50 percent.

Or did you mean to say, "What I'm about to say is nonsense. Just letting you know in advance"?
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

LOL.. okay so politicians don’t look at approval ratings and spin accordingly… but you do make a point in that Trump is such a narcissist he wasn’t smart enough to pick up on what folks were feeling. If he would have flushed his Twitter account and adopted just a little bit of modesty…he would have won a lot more independent votes.

If you believe that people can’t make general opinions of how others perform, again that is okay, but you are wrong, just about everybody does it everyday in one way or another. I know I do, and maybe this is the wrong word, but “abstractly” it is part of my job in managing and evaluating manpower. Generally, LOL at least most the time, I know who can do what, and what I can expect from them, and I don’t need to write a novel to explain a lazy worker or a good worker.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Markk wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:49 pm
If you believe that people can’t make general opinions of how others perform, again that is okay, but you are wrong, just about everybody does it everyday in one way or another.
Oh, you were commenting on my statement about Trump having crossed boundaries that render his performance as president moot. I should have known it was even less logical and based on misunderstanding the entire point of my saying that. mkay.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Markk wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:11 pm
So, did Trump do a good job? It’s a simple question Doc…he either did, or he didn’t. The President whether you want to admit it or not is only a man, and they manage and everything goes downward…they get credit when things go good, or things go bad. Please focus my question. Are you saying that if AA and others below him performed bad you would not have blamed Trump?
To your point, Presidents can be assigned a simplistic and somewhat meaningless credit for the state of the economy, amidst a larger world of complexities, international events, corporate realities and pre-existing legislation that actually drives and defines that entity more than one guy in the White House.

To honor’s point, though, Trump had the greatest amount of control - out of so many aspects of his Presidency - on the worst possible decision of his term in office. He chose to repeatedly push the narrative of a ‘stolen election’ for his last two months, complete with lawsuits, bullshyte conspiracy theories and nonstop public whining . . . and then capped off that behavior by repeating it in front of a large public gathering one final time on January 6, during his last ditch attempt to undermine both democracy and the peaceful transition of power that has been a hallmark of our election process for over 200 years.

Did Trump do a ‘good job’? At what, using what criteria? Because for those things that he had the greatest control over, he has a questionable record and arguably - during his last days - charted a very dangerous path for this nation in order to serve his own personal needs and ego.

Maybe you think that Trump ‘not screwing up’ the economy for his first few years in office makes it worth voting for him again, but your willingness to ignore the huge, flaming orange elephant in the room as regards his promotion of insurrection is - to me, at least - just a bit too bizarre.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Markk wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:11 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:03 pm

Francis Collins gave Alex Azar, who you clearly had no idea was (nor his role in Trump’s administration either) major kudos for his handling of opening post Warp Speed. Because YOU LINKED THE ARTICLE I read it. When I saw credit being given to AA I rolled my eyes, and decided to post his wiki page link and suggested reading his handling of the Admin’s handling of Covid, which includes oPeRaTiOn wArP sPeEd. You, of course, didn’t read anything and just expressed confusion which is perfect, it’s just perfect, because that’s what you do and what you are. You do this with all the topics. You are an endless well of assertions, ignorance, gish galloping, and hubris. It’s aggravating.

- Doc
This fuckin’ guy. He still isn’t reading his links, links provided to him with suggested reading, nor posts with detailed answers. Unbelievable. Peace.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.