Revisiting Why Board Members And Moderators Protect DrCamnPP And Bishop Schmo.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Post Reply
User avatar
Gadianton
God
Posts: 6826
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:56 pm
Location: Elsewhere

Re: Revisiting Why Board Members And Moderators Protect DrCamnPP And Bishop Schmo.

Post by Gadianton »

those who express open admiration/celebration/praise/applause about such things are one very small step away from writing said things themselves.
I agree with Schmo. Hiding behind a government administration to carry out human rights abuses not to mention the unprecedented corruption, dishonesty, cheating, and false arrests and prosecutions and the list just keeps going on. The problem with Nazi Germany wasn't Hitler per se, it was the Nazis who supported Hitler. And to borrow Dan's wording as he defending the MMM, many if not most Nazis were good people by general family and church standards -- looking out for the ingroup etc.
"...gain control of land that FARMS owned..." -- Bill Hamblin
"Why did FARMS own land to begin with?" -- Me
User avatar
Limnor
God
Posts: 1805
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:55 am

Re: Revisiting Why Board Members And Moderators Protect DrCamnPP And Bishop Schmo.

Post by Limnor »

Jersey Girl wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 23, 2026 12:07 am
Limnor wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 22, 2026 11:28 pm


Hound man you have to think this was funny, right? I did lol

To respond to Ceeboo I’d offer: I don’t challenge them because, frankly, I often think what they say is funny. That doesn’t mean I endorse every insult or secretly wish I had written it myself. Sometimes people laugh at things because they find them funny, without having some deep seated moral fault.
It shouldn't matter who challenges other poster's posts on this board. The board is equipped with enough bells and whistles to cover most any situation. If one objects to the way a poster carries themselves here they can challenge the person in full public view, in the case of personal attack they can use the report feature, and if they generally object to the way a poster carries themselves on the board they can put them on ignore.

There's no onus on posters to raise objections to whatever posts another person objects to.

Was that clear as mud? :shock:

Let's say it's Ceeboo. He can challenge the poster, report the poster's post, or put that specific poster on ignore.

It is just as I said.
This is a good point. There is no requirement to publicly condemn posts that someone else finds objectionable. The board provides the tools to deal with these things, as you say.
Dr Exiled
God
Posts: 2256
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:40 pm

Re: Revisiting Why Board Members And Moderators Protect DrCamnPP And Bishop Schmo.

Post by Dr Exiled »

Free speech, baby. Say whatever. Don't be chickenxxx if someone supposedly hurts your tender feelings with disagreement.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
User avatar
Some Schmo
God
Posts: 4053
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:21 am

Re: Revisiting Why Board Members And Moderators Protect DrCamnPP And Bishop Schmo.

Post by Some Schmo »

I find it amusing to think that I'm "protected" on this board. Plenty of people have called me out.

My posts are regularly edited. Consecutive posts are combined (damned annoying), "Trump" is replaced without my permission, and my quotes are regularly misrepresented.

But, ya know, why whine about it? I don't care enough to complain. You can notice something without feeling the need to whine about it. There are bigger concerns in the world.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense. It's also the favored cover for hypocrites.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
User avatar
Hound of Heaven
God
Posts: 1285
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:13 pm

Re: Revisiting Why Board Members And Moderators Protect DrCamnPP And Bishop Schmo.

Post by Hound of Heaven »

So yesterday I found a 10 year old thread here in Spirit Paradise discussing Bidens opinion on just use a shotgun for home defense, close quarters combat. The guns discussed in the thread are a shotgun, more precisely the 12 gauge shotgun, an AR15 in 5.56 and home defense hand guns.

But something is different about this 10 year old thread, a long time board member actually agreed with the conservative on the thread, that's very rare and almost never happens anymore, so I revived the thread to prove a point so I could use the discussion in this thread.

What we're talking about here is physics, that's it! There's no way to truthfully say a shotgun doesn't kick less than an AR15 or handgun. A shotgun at the shoulder on average has somewhere around let's say 20 to 40 ftlbs of felt energy. An AR15 5.56 is on average around 5 to 8 ft lbs of energy on the shoulder and a handgun the energy in the hand is around the same as an AR15. So, a shotgun is 3 to 6 times more felt recoil than an AR15, that's just a fact, can't change the physics.

So, when I saw in the thread DrCamnPP put out there that he spent 7 years with 1st sfod-delta, and had the ridiculous opinion that a shotgun doesn't kick and that he also believes that in a close quarters combat situation you don't have aim a shotgun, I knew right away that he has never actually shot a shotgun because in a close quarters combat situation is the time when you absolutely need to aim a shotgun. There's a huge misconception about shotguns because of the movies where people shoot a shotgun from the hip and hit their target spraying buck shot all over the place knocking people off their feet. Yeah, sorry, but that's not real life, in real life, from 15 to 20 feet away the lead projectiles coming out of the barrel of a shotgun are clustered together with a diameter of about the diameter of a baseball to a softball, maybe a tad bigger but not much. Meaning, aiming a shotgun is very very important in a close quarters combat situation. Anyone who puts out there on a message board that they're 1st sfod-delta as the reason they need to be listened to for information on what to use in a close quarters combat situation like DrCamnPP has done, isn't making that claim because he was support personal, he making the claim he's experienced in CQB and he needs to be listened to. And if he's experienced in CQB he would never say you don't need to aim a shotgun and he wouldn't say that between the three guns being discussed that the shotgun doesn't have much kick, just the opposite is true. His reasoning on why to use a shotgun throws up many red flags pointing to he has no idea about guns at all. His opinions are so ridiculous for a 1st sfod-delta it likes being on a message board and someone thinks the person they're talking to is a doctor because that's what they told the board, and one day the boats discussing stethoscope and one guy starts talking about how his new stethoscope can smell feet better than his old stethoscope! Yeah, right away everyone on the board knows the guy is a phony. That's what we're dealing with here.

BUT!!! The real reason I revived the 10 year old thread isn't because his opinion on shotguns, it's because I wanted to show everyone the cult mentality that has overtaken this discussion board. Here's the situation! We have a guy on a discussion board claiming an elite position within the military and we should listen to him about weapons because he has 7 years experience within delta, the most elite strike force in the world!! This supposed elite delta has some ridiculous non elite, almost juvenile opinions on shotguns so I knew any person with just a tiny amount of knowledge would know he's full of bullxxxt when reading what he wrote.

So what happened over the past 24hrs? Just what I knew was going to happen!! :lol: The cult mentality found on this board kicked in and every person that posted either sided with DrCamnPP or at least posted a favorable opinion to bak his claim up even though physics proves him wrong. This is the cult mentality found on this discussion board! This is why I started this thread! I knew before reviving the ten year old thread what people would post before I revived it! :lol: :lol: all the responses were going to be favorable to DrCamnPP! Because there's such a strong cult mentality on this board, there never was going to be an opinion that would bring DrCamnPP's opinion into question. Yeah, not one person asked DrCamnPP why he believes a shotgun doesn't have more recoil than an AR15! Not one person asked him why he believes you don't have to aim a shotgun!

The cult mentality found on this board among the progressives is no different than the cult mentality found among true believing Mormons when discussing Mormonism. If i was discussing Mormonism with my family and I had a video from 1840 of Joseph Smith saying to some of his non Mormon friends that he literally fabricated Mormonism so he and his family could make money, and i showed this video to my family, they would dismiss the video, saying that it is either a fake or Joseph was lying to them probably because he was scared they might kill him if he bore his testimony in front of them. The cult mentality is real!

The cult mentality is one of the number one reasons DrCamnPP and Bishop Schmo are protected and almost 100% of the time agreed with by every member on every post in every thread. The truth doesn't matter anymore, it's about protecting the ideology, the identity of the board!
User avatar
canpakes
God
Posts: 10678
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:25 am

Re: Revisiting Why Board Members And Moderators Protect DrCamnPP And Bishop Schmo.

Post by canpakes »

Hound of Heaven wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 24, 2026 12:04 pm
This is why I started this thread! I
Doc is living large in your head. : D
User avatar
Hound of Heaven
God
Posts: 1285
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:13 pm

Re: Revisiting Why Board Members And Moderators Protect DrCamnPP And Bishop Schmo.

Post by Hound of Heaven »

canpakes wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 24, 2026 12:44 pm
Hound of Heaven wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 24, 2026 12:04 pm
This is why I started this thread! I
Doc is living large in your head. : D
I can count on you the moderator to prove the exact point I'm making, thanks moderator Can'tpakes!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
canpakes
God
Posts: 10678
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:25 am

Re: Revisiting Why Board Members And Moderators Protect DrCamnPP And Bishop Schmo.

Post by canpakes »

Hound of Heaven wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 24, 2026 12:48 pm
canpakes wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 24, 2026 12:44 pm
Doc is living large in your head. : D
I can count on you the moderator to prove the exact point I'm making, thanks moderator Can'tpakes!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Apparently, I’m in there, too. : D
User avatar
Doctor CamNC4Me
God
Posts: 11123
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:04 am

Re: Revisiting Why Board Members And Moderators Protect DrCamnPP And Bishop Schmo.

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I just want it on record that HOUND of HEAVEN (do you get it, yet?!?) a.k.a. Droopy Dog (*), copped to [edit, UR7 -c-]. He admitted it under one of his sock puppets and then later deleted it in one of his purges. This is TRUE and REAL. He can’t rebut it.
Hiring a part-time news entertainment anchor as SecDef, what could go wrong?
User avatar
Hound of Heaven
God
Posts: 1285
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:13 pm

Re: Revisiting Why Board Members And Moderators Protect DrCamnPP And Bishop Schmo.

Post by Hound of Heaven »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 24, 2026 12:54 pm
I just want it on record that HOUND of HEAVEN (do you get it, yet?!?) a.k.a. Droopy Dog (*), copped to [edit, UR7 -c-]. He admitted it under one of his sock puppets and then later deleted it in one of his purges. This is TRUE and REAL. He can’t rebut it.
I thought you didn't read my post??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A true delta wouldn't be as upset over words as you are! :lol:
Post Reply