COVID is getting worse

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Chap
God

Re: COVID is getting worse

Post by Chap »

subgenius wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:02 pm
Doc emphatically stated "Masks work" here.
Within that post he cited the Reddit post which echoed Doc with - "Masks stop that, apparently very effectively"
The near universal adoption of mask wearing in Singapore (as described in the quoted post) and elsewhere has indeed been shown to be a very effective measure against the spread of the virus.

(Oh dear, I see that Doc omitted to say that these were medical-style face masks worn over the mouth and nose, not over your butt crack, and that lace ones were no good. Yes, I see what you mean ...)
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

subgenius wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:03 pm
canpakes wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:37 pm

subs won’t answer that because he doesn’t know what he thinks he’s saying.

I guarantee you that he has a few masks laying around for his own use, though. He’s not taking chances. ; )
Here ya go grammar nazi, linked for your convenience.
OK, so you don’t know what you think the ‘goalposts’ are, after complaining about them. As I suspected.

And you can’t pinpoint what you believe about masks either, let alone point out the issues with what others are saying.

But you still wear them. ; )
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

canpakes wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:18 pm
OK, so you don’t know what you think the ‘goalposts’ are, after complaining about them. As I suspected.

And you can’t pinpoint what you believe about masks either, let alone point out the issues with what others are saying.

Given what we know about the quality of subs' "thought" processes, it's likely all this talk about masks and goalposts is probably making him think we're talking about hockey goalies. And let's face it; just how good is a goalie's mask at preventing COVID?

Course, if you think about the way some Trumpists scream at the wind, it's not hard to imagine them spraying some puck-sized droplets.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

subgenius wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:30 pm

Where was the original location of said goalposts and where do you claim they are now?
Within that post he cited the Reddit post which echoed Doc with - "Masks stop that, apparently very effectively"
Not some masks, not almost every mask, not certain types of masks, and not cheese masks.
There ya go...goalpost there, then there, and now here....it should be fun to see where it lands next. (cue canpakes)
I don't see movement. Common sense interpretation of phrases like "masks work" doesn't include "Masks work 100% all by themselves." Your goalpost shifting is a product of your own pedantic game-playing. Pure trolling on your part.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Some Schmo wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:25 pm
canpakes wrote:

Given what we know about the quality of subs' "thought" processes, it's likely all this talk about masks and goalposts is probably making him think we're talking about hockey goalies. And let's face it; just how good is a goalie's mask at preventing COVID?

Course, if you think about the way some Trumpists scream at the wind, it's not hard to imagine them spraying some puck-sized droplets.
subs is unable to state with any clarity just what his argument about masks is, let alone why he is arguing.

But, he’ll continue to wear one, because he knows that doing so offers a measure of effectiveness, regardless of his need to engage in his contrary BS routine.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Sub role-plays a persona here. It's a game. His character attempts to demonstrate its superiority by scanning through posts and attacking some perceived flaw, no matter how minor or irrelevant to the subject at hand. And when backed into a corner, he throws out one of multiple stock phrases like "moving goalposts" or "hair fire" because the character he is playing has no substance. And it's entertaining from time to time, because he uses a loophole in the rules about personal attacks (it can be okay if it's clever).

But like the worn out comedian doing the same routine in the Catskills for decades, his character wears thin. It's the same thing over and over and over. It's just boring and tedious. The main advantage for him is that it takes minimal effort to play the character. Troll and run. Troll and run. Troll and run.

As I've said, when he steps out of character, I find him interesting to talk to. But it looks like he's more interested in playing his character than engaging in conversation. Too bad.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Masks work.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:21 pm
Masks work.

- Doc
Listen to the doc, he’s right. :)
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
subgenius
Stake President

Post by subgenius »

canpakes wrote:

true except for the part where i specifically cite/quote/reference/link Doc's clear statement and then point out my issue with that statement...otherwise you are spot on with your masturbatory analysis.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
subgenius
Stake President

Post by subgenius »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:54 pm
subgenius wrote:

Not some masks, not almost every mask, not certain types of masks, and not cheese masks.
There ya go...goalpost there, then there, and now here....it should be fun to see where it lands next. (cue canpakes)
I don't see movement. Common sense interpretation of phrases like "masks work" doesn't include "Masks work 100% all by themselves." Your goalpost shifting is a product of your own pedantic game-playing. Pure trolling on your part.
1. That is not how trolling works, but i get it - you is kinda old.
2. Please, feel free to visit the thread and my comments so as to provide an accurate picture of what is going on and what I objected to.
3. Compare the results of #2 above to what you think is going on and what I objected to.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams