I HEREBY STEP DOWN FOR NOW

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
MG 2.0
God

Re: I HEREBY STEP DOWN FOR NOW

Post by MG 2.0 »

Kishkumen wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:00 pm
Here is a reference to MG's timeout in an earlier thread:

viewtopic.php?p=34195#p34195
That thread was a mess for the first twenty-four pages. It began an upward and more positive trend/track at or around page twenty-five.

Whatever happened to Lemmie? Now there was a troll, in my opinion. Followed me EVERYWHERE. And then others would follow her lead.

Thread derailer extraordinaire.

I hope she and her family are well during this time of uncertainty because of the Covid epidemic.

We butted heads ALL of the time, but I do hope she is doing OK.

That thread you linked to STARTED OFF as a derail by the very person who started it. That was definitely weird. 😕

Regards,
MG
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:30 am
Kishkumen wrote:

That thread was a mess for the first twenty-four pages. It began an upward and more positive trend/track at or around page twenty-five.

Whatever happened to Lemmie? Now there was a troll, in my opinion. Followed me EVERYWHERE. And then others would follow her lead.

I hope she and her family are well during this time of uncertainty because of the Covid epidemic.

That thread you linked to STARTED OFF as a derail by the very person who started it. That was definitely weird. 😕

Regards,
MG
It happens more often than you might think, but if you’re not moderating, you might not notice. When the OP introduces a new topic in their thread, we don’t treat it as a derail. We treat it as an expansion of the thread’s topic. It doesn’t sound intuitive, but it works pretty well.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Hey Shades
Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:25 am
The writing is on the wall, methinks. It looks like the calls for me to step down and let my moderators take over--unleash them?--has reached critical mass. Therefore, I hereby step down as chief moderator and release them from any obligation to be clones of me. I hereby give them free rein to moderate as they see fit. Hell, I hereby even grant them permission to change the rules if they want......
For the first time in a while. I logged on the board and did some reading:

Given what I have read, I completely understand your above decision/reaction/move. Having said that, I want you to know that there is at least one person who is saddened, perplexed, and troubled by how you are recently being handled and treated by some of the members in this community - Especially so being that this treatment and handling is of the public/open variety.

I wanted to let you know that (on the open board) - so I did.

Best wishes/Take Care

Ceeboo
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Good to see you, ceeboo! Hope all is well with you and yours!
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

MG 2.0 wrote:

Regards,
MG
Lem is still here, I would contend, albeit under another moniker. And, yes, I have dealt with the tendency of Lem to try to pull conversations where she wants them to go, and I, too, have butted heads with her many times.

Funny, huh?

Gee, I thought we were supposed to be a hive mind and an echo chamber. And here I have fierce arguments with other people in that echo chamber.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Kishkumen wrote:

:roll:
Like this from p 26 about you?
Lem wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:25 pm
An example of mentalgymnast's trolling of grindael:

When grindael excitedly announced that he had been chosen to present his research at the Whitmer conference and shared with us some of his work, this was one (just one of many!) of the trolling comments that mentalgymnast posted on his announcement thread that evening:
mentalgymnast wrote:
by the way, loser, we are already well aware that you don't believe in the Divine calling of Joseph Smith...so what's your point in preaching to the choir? You already know you're gonna just get high fives. So what's your point? Much ado about nothing, isn't it?

You're a loser, grindael. Ya, I know I just called you a loser. But the shoe fits.
:(
:roll:
Other posters, such as Lloyd Dobler and DarthJ, etc etc etc., also gave excellent explanations of exactly how you disrupted conversations, ie trolled.

But, you seem to have benefited from being suspended for your disruption of conversations back then, mentalgymnast, so good for you! Moderator actions do seem to help! : D
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Despite all the smilies and pseudo-bonhomie, MG from time to time makes it rather obvious that he is not entirely a nice person.

I think his contributions to this thread need to be read in that light.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

ceeboo wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:42 am
Hey Shades
Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:25 am
The writing is on the wall, methinks. It looks like the calls for me to step down and let my moderators take over--unleash them?--has reached critical mass. Therefore, I hereby step down as chief moderator and release them from any obligation to be clones of me. I hereby give them free rein to moderate as they see fit. Hell, I hereby even grant them permission to change the rules if they want......
For the first time in a while. I logged on the board and did some reading:

Given what I have read, I completely understand your above decision/reaction/move. Having said that, I want you to know that there is at least one person who is saddened, perplexed, and troubled by how you are recently being handled and treated by some of the members in this community - Especially so being that this treatment and handling is of the public/open variety.

I wanted to let you know that (on the open board) - so I did.

Best wishes/Take Care

Ceeboo
Dr. Shades, I just want to thank you for all you've done to facilitate a place where people can discuss or argue or YELL IN ALL CAPS! or be kind and supportive of one another. To me the situation feels like the kindergarteners have taken over the classroom. It's sad that some people find more joy in challenging the rules of the board having actual discussions. Anyway, thank you again for all you've done.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Chap wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:14 pm
Despite all the smilies and pseudo-bonhomie, MG from time to time makes it rather obvious that he is not entirely a nice person.

I think people exaggerate the ill will of MG. At the very least, I am glad he does not come in here calling people he disagrees with "cockroaches" in the way Atlanticmike does. That kind of hate speech is probably worthy of banning in itself.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:46 pm
Chap wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:14 pm

I think people exaggerate the ill will of MG. At the very least, I am glad he does not come in here calling people he disagrees with "cockroaches" in the way Atlanticmike does. That kind of hate speech is probably worthy of banning in itself.
😀😀😀😀 so cockroaches 🪳 is the word that deserves banning someone, not racist, White supremacist, or nazi? You really crack me up, seriously.
Last edited by Atlanticmike on Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.